cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC using Asset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all I am working on SRM 7.0, Extended Classic Scenario

I am creating a SC using Account Assignment as an asset . I enter the Asset Nmumber .

Then I click on the Details under the account assignment Section . Here I can see the details for the Asset used . There is a place to enter Cost Centre .

I tried to create a SC with a cost centre (other tha what the Asset is assigned to ) and then I created another SC without one . Both were processed successfully without errors .

My question is why do we need this cost Centre ? Cost centre for the Asset is picked from ECC (AS03) . Then what is this cost centre on the SC used for ?

I know we need this to create an asset while creating SC . Is that all ? Are there any other uses ?

thanx

SRM consultant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

by default, account assignment category AS (Asset) has only 2 fields to display: ASSET_NO and SUB_NUMBER.

If you also have the Cost Centre, it means that you have added the COST_CTR field to the displayed fields of the relevant account assignment category. You can check and change this in table BBP_V_C_ACC (SPRO trancaction "Define Account Assignment Categories").

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timea

Many thanx for your suggestion

I did find that Cost Centre has been added as a customised field in SPRO .

Any idea why this required . I know this is required while creating an Asset (during creation of SC ). Is there any other place where this Cost Centre field is required ?

I did not find any errors when I created a SC using account assignment as Asset , keeping the cost Centre filed blank

thanx

SRM consultant

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

it depends on your requirement, but in standard it is not required.

You can also define on backend side, if cost centre is mandatory (e.g. OME9), if you need.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As Timea mentioned you do not require that. In the configuration of SRM for Account assignment category Asset you can remove that field under SRM Server --> Cross- Application settings --> Account Assignment --> Define account assignment. Select the Asset and go into Acct Assignment fields and remove the cost center.

How ever are you looking to have the Cost center filled with what is maintained in Asset master AS03? If so then you have to write a BADI Code as standard those cost center assigned into Asset will not show up in SRM whenever requester is putting up Shopping cart.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh

Answers (0)