cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO:Splitting of a file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where xml file is coming from the source having multiple records, now i have to do some field value checks like date is in correct format, the value should be greater than 4 and many more and if the validation is sucessful i have to pass that record to Idoc and if any of the validation fails then i have to create an error file with that invalid record.

Note: Suppose file is having 10 records and out of them 5 records are not fulfilling the validations then i have to create 5 idocs in ECC and rest 5 source records needs to be send to an error file folder.

I am planning to handle this at mapping level (using multimapping)  where i will filter the valid and invalid records and then ICO (java idoc adapter + file adapter) will split the message and send the reords to create an IDOC and File ?

Note: My client is planning to install PO 7.31. So, is it possible to use above approach?

PO supports splitting of XML files and sending it to two different adapters (IDOC and file)?

Please help

Thanks

Vasant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasant,

The problem you describe can best be solved using a multi message mapping which is supported in all versions of PI (and thus PO).

In the multimapping you create multiple idocs and/or add rows to the error file.

You then have 2 channels on the receiving business system. 1 being the idoc channel, the other is a file channel where you write your error file to.

Regards,

Joppe Koning-van Noort

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joppe,

Thanks a lot for the reply!!

So, in the ICO configuration i can add two receiver channels (one for Idoc and one for file)??

Note:I dont have PO installed in my landscape so cant able to cross check from my side.

Regards,

Vasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasant,

I must say I was now also doubting my answer.

I have just tried with a dummy setup.

don't worry. it will work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joppe,

Thanks a lot!!

Regards

Vasant

Answers (0)