cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key attributes fields not visible in excel pivot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Initially none of the attributes from the AT view were visible in pivot table, after activating hierarchy as in http://scn.sap.com/thread/3184415, I was able to get the non key attributes visible, but I cannot see any key attributes like LIFNR(vendor number),MATNAR(material number). Any hints please ?

(kindly refer to the attached screenshot)

Best Regards,

Vittali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I've encounter same behavior when consuming Analytical Views in excel using the HANA client driver. I'm missing key attributes and I don't know if these can be expose and how.

Anyone can confirm this behavior or the steps to configure?

thanks!

Cheers.

Christian.

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have joined them with some columns on master tables right. They would come. If you still wanted these columns to come, you can add them to output again.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have few doubts,

1. Can we include the attribute view in the exel. I can see only the analytiv view?

2. Im also facing this kind of issue. If i have one attribute view with 2 key attributes.And used that attribute view in analytiv view and used that analytic view in excel i can able to see one attribute only.

Could anybody say in what bases the field will be come in the excel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasath,

For 1.I guess its not possible, because during connect option to excel you have options of selecting only the OLAP views(AV & CV).

Hope that helps!

Vittali

Former Member
0 Kudos

While Excel supports hierarchy view from HANA, on default you will not see the non-key attribute fields. To make them visible you need to manually change the properties in the non-key attributes ensuring that the "hierarchy active" = "false" is changed to "true". You should then be able to see the field displayed in Excel.

Kind regards,

Danielle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for reply! you are right, I did check that as mentioned in

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3184415, but for me the key attributes are not visible !!

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see! I read too quickly. This can happen when the attribute view field properties are not set properly. Check your model base attribute key field properties and mapping. Try running teh attribute view in excel first to see everything as you expect and then execute the next level up. That will tell you where  the issue is.

Kind regards,

Danielle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not a problem! Thank you, thats a good practise.. I shall follow from next time..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitali

Can you check the corresponding attribute Hidden is set true or false and provide us feedback.

Thanks

Santosh Varada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for reply! Hidden is false..

Regards,

a_ahmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vittali,

in Attr. View, from Output pane, for each Key Attr. please check properties if they are:

key attr. : True

Principle key: true

drill-down enabled: true

hidden: false

regards

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for reply!

I have attached screenshot for your reference. I am not able to see properties

key attr & Principle key.. is there any other place to see this?

Thanks,Vittali

a_ahmad
Participant
0 Kudos

In screenshot, you're in Analytical View (logical tab).

Open your Attribute View 'AT_..._Vendor_details', then from Output pane of that Attr. View, check properties of these attributes. Then you can check what I suggested in my previous msg.

regards

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Opps.. that was stupid sorry..

All properties are same except for Principle key: false.. Do you think this is reason?

I cannot edit it though..

Regards,Vittali

a_ahmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vittali,

Principle key property = false is correct

pls for Vendor Attr. View, check LIFNR attr. properties

there is Key Mapping and Description mapping fields. For Des. mapping, it must be set Vendor Name. Thats why in Excel it is showing Vendor details (name) instead of LIFNR.

include LIFNR and Name1 fields in your Attr. view output.

i hope this would solve your problem

regards

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for your reply!

Couldnot solve the problem, as you can see in the excel, under Vendor details I get only "Mandt" and if I drag it and drop on left work area, I get only 800(mandt values) ?

Also, incase I drag and drop other attributes like name, I get error(screenshot attached)

Thank you!

Vittali

a_ahmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Vittali,

For 'Vendor Details' Attribute view, include attributes: MANDT, LIFNR, NAME1...........

in Properties:

for MANDT: client no.

Desc. mapping: empty

Key attr.: True

Principle key: true

for LIFNR: Vendor Number

Principle key: false

for NAME1: Vendor Name/description