cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentum to SAP DMS Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i need to migrate the DIR from Documentum(EMC) to SAP DMS & i want to link the documents to DOcumentum in SAP Storage Category.

Can anyone please help me & let me know the complete process of migration.

Regards,

veeramani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

I thankyou very much for the excellent document to share with me.

My requirement is :

My scenario is :
all the Plant maintance documents such as notification,equipment documents is being stored  in documentum.

now we have  the Document archieve services for sap & Content repository is created thro http  in SAP to store the document in documentumi.e.(SAP Storage category)& i am able to upload the document from SAP to Documentum.

Now i want to migrate the old content from Documentum to SAP.i.e DIR should be linked to that Document.

Please let me know & also Let me have any document for this migration so that i will be helpful for me.

Also they want to use Document content services for SAP to read the data from SAP.

My idea is :as we have done for Procurement Documents i,e putting the PO number in documentum & installing the content services for SAP in user's PC can view the document .

In the same way when i configure the configurations for content services & Archieve services, put the EQUIPMENT NUMBER in the document attribute & installing the CS4SAP ,whether this will workit out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it will work out, there is no issue but i don't understand why u r using Content server in SAP as DMS , maintain the external system as DMS and configur archiving services in it, User will access the document during transaction execution either in case of PO or in Equipment masters.

Regards