Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick question for you security gurus - I have been presented with a situation where as part of an upgrade they have failed to execute the steps in SU25.  6 months down the track they require an org field to be created to reduce maintenance effort.  When executing PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE for a particular field, the result is that the orgfields are now "blank" in the affected roles but not for the org field that I created.  For example, I created an org field for release group and it is ok when I regenerate the roles, but plant is blank.  Could this be a symptom of the following 2 things:

1.  not running SU25 as part of the upgrade and therefore causing inconsistencies

2.  I also noticed there are a large number of manual entries in the roles affected.

Version is ECC6.0 EHP4

Your views are kindly appreciated 🙂  Cheers

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this affect all orgfields in the roles (other than the one you created), or random ones?

Someone else will come along and give you a more certain answer but I think this is more likely due to manual entries in your roles than failure to run SU25. If someone has been maintaining org levels manually, then this might well have caused problems.

As an experiment, try running AGR_RESET_ORG_LEVELS on one of the affected roles, and see if that makes any difference.