Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

movement type 457 error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

we have sale order return scenario.

we take materials against sales return order. material comes into return stock. now client require while transfer posting from return stock to unrestricted stock through mb1b transaction and movement type 457 inspection lot should be create.

i assign 05 inspection type in material master.

while doing transfer posting i am getting following error :

Change the inspection stock of material "A" in QM only

code : MB1B

mvt type : 457

I searche respective thread but not get satisfactory answer. please do the needful.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You want an inspection lot is generated when stock transfer from customer return to own stock.

And this stock should be posted to inspection stock, not unrestricted stock.

If right..

1. Activate the inspection type "05" and select "Post to insp. stock" indicator in material master

2. Transfer posting with movement type "453", not "457", through MB1B

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anand,

thanks for the reply.

i want material to be transfer in quality stock from returns stock. I did changes as per your instructions but same message. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi i tried the same scenario with inspection type 06. stock get posted in quality but no inspection lot get create.with which setting i can get inspection lot with 06 inspection type please help 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check whether the Inspection Type (06 or otherwise has a Inspection Control Inspection Lot creation portion and there you maintain For Each Material Document item

As per the Message QA495 That you are getting, this happens due;

"You want to make a stock posting to/from the inspection stock. This is not allowed for material  because the quality inspection control has been activated by QM.

The following cases can occur:

• The inspection stock should be increased, although an inspection is not foreseen for the current goods movement
  • The inspection stock should be released, although  you can only do this using the QM transactions"

Regards,

Bhaskar

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you want material to be transferred in to unrestricted or in quality?

Returns to unrestricted - 453 movement type through MB1B

In case you want the material in quality by 457, try by activating 08 inspection type.

05 inspection type comes in to picture in case of others goods receipt and not for transfer posting

AR