cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLM upgrade 5.1 to 70.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am upgrading Eso/CLM from 5.0 to 7.0. Could you please help me on upgrade steps ? Below are the steps I understood from  upgrade guide.

Could you please advise, whether installation is procedure is like below ?

1). Take backup of DB/JAVA export.

2). Take backup of 

ES_home\config\fcilocal.properties

ES_home\config\fcisystem.properties

ES_home\logs

3). Uninstall SAP NW 7.0

4). Install CE 7.11 which also upgrades DB to 9.5

5). Undeploy ESo 5.1 (How to undeploy Eso 5.1- Please suggest)

6). Install new ESourcing 7.0 via JSPM (Via JSPM or sapinst ?)

7). Upgrade database of Platform & Sourcing

8). Deploy esourcing SCA file via JSPM.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Yoga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Yoga,
one thing in advance, i just want to stress this, because other customers have ran into this issue. Sourcing 7.0 has to be deployed on DB2 9.7 NOT 9.5.
As to the other steps, they are pretty much accurate. I would recommend however, not to only read the upgrade guide but also the installation guide.
  • Take backup of DB/JAVA export.    
    • Yes, you should take a DB backup/export
  • Take a backup of local.properties / system.properties / home.logs
    • Not required but it may be nice to look at the values of fcisystem.properties when executing the configure.exe from the 7.0 build in case the database connections are not written down somewhere else. Backup of home\logs is not required
  • Uninstall SAP NW 7.0
    • yes
  • Install CE 7.11 which also upgrades DB to 9.5
    • also need to adjust the dctool to enable the sca generation. This is all explained in the installation guide, not upgrade guide. For an upgrade a user needs to unfortunately switch between both guides!
  • Undeploy ESo 5.1 (How to undeploy Eso 5.1- Please suggest)
    • Not needed. ESO 5.1 should not exist on the newly installed CE 7.11. I assume they don’t do a NW upgrade since they are uninstalling NW 7.0 in step 3
  • Install new ESourcing 7.0 via JSPM (Via JSPM or sapinst ?) <-
    • No via setup and configure utility to create the new SCA files. Described in the installation guide.
  • Upgrade database of Platform & Sourcing
    • Sure
  • Deploy esourcing SCA file via JSPM.
    • yes

Hope this helps.

thanks,

Armin

PS: could you please mark this question as answered if it is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Thank you for continous response.

CE 7.11 installation guide refers to 9.5 installation dvd's and SWDC also has only 9.5 software associated with it.

Do you recommend to download 9.7 seperately and install it ? So, upgrade of database not with CE 7.11 installation ?

Thanks,

Yoga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please share a CLM 5.1 to 7.0 upgrade document for referrence ? if you have one...yoga.chinthapatlaATgmail.com

Thanks in advance for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

I am planning to do the upgrade on 10.1 DB2 software as you suggested. However, on NW 7.3 I found the software for Esourcing 7.0 only SP01 P8 but NW 7.3 supports SP02 and SP03 rite ?

Another question is

NW 7.3/CE 7.11 upgrades existing database after uninstall of NW 7.0 or creates new database ? Please suggest...

Thanks,

Yoga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoga,

yes you're correct, the information is a little strange. I had a conversation with a DB expert on our team and the recommendation would be indeed:

• Download DB2 9.7 seperately and install it
  • Point it to NW CE at a later point in time (i.e. install NW w/o database)

Hope this helps,

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer the the upgrade and installation guide of SAP Sourcing 7.0 on service.sap.com/eso.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoga,

I had recommended to go to DB2 9.7 but not 10.1.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

I found a note which supports CE 7.11 installation on 10.1 and how to install it. But as per Installation guide and SWDC CE 7.11 comes with DB2 9.5. Could you please help how should I install DB2 9.7 for CE 7.11 ?

or upgrade database with 9.7 and continue the installation ?

NW 7.3/CE 7.11 upgrades existing database after uninstall of NW 7.0 or creates new database ?

Kindly help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yoga,

in case you're installing NW on a different database, DB2 10.1 is totally fine.

On SMP, you can also download standalone DB:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Thank you for the screenshot.

But my main question is about DB upgrade. Will it be done by CE 7.11/NW 7.30 or have to manually upgarde DB to 9.7 or 10.1 and start CE 7.11/NW 7.3 upgrade ?

Thanks in advance,
Yoga