cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Document Services - WebDynPro and Javascript error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am a new to ADS. I just finished installing a test ADS and made some test, non interactive forms in WebDynPro.

I have several webdynpro views and some of them embed also a PDF object rendered from ADS and have noticed that in some clients, when attempting to navigate away from the view that contains the PFD by clicking on buttons, a JavaScript "Access denied" error is thrown and no action is taken.

My only option is to have the view containing the PDF with no buttons to navigate away.

If the WebDynPro App is embedded in Portal, things go even worst.

Anybody else has seen this ? Any advice on how to solve this problem ?

Regards

Vitaliano Trecca

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to open a PDF file through a URL. This is displayed in a HTML viewer. Everything works fine - it displays the PDF, prints it, etc. But when i navigate back from the HTML viewer to the transaction, behaviour is crazy, either the screen is lost or mis-alligned. I have the following details.

SAP GUI - Patch Level - 44, Build - 641640

Acrobat Version - 6.0 ME

It works perfect with acrobat 5.0 and 5.0 ME.

Any input in this regard will be really helpful,

Thanks and Best Regards,

Dinesh.

Saudi Aramco.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaliano,

Can you please port the version of runtime, ACF and adobe that you are using? On clients where you are having this error.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

all ACF installed on clients happen to be latest version (xACF_SP11).

Adobe Acrobat Reader versions 6.02 as well as 7.0.

Internet Explorer version 6.0.2800 SP1 with -all- MS patches available as of writing.

Backend test System is SAP WAS 6.40 SP9 on Windows 2000 Server.

Regards,

Vitaliano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaliano,

Firstly let me tell you that I am not an expert in this, but somethings that I have tried are listed below.

The buttons that you press are present in the Adobe Form right.

I was using WAS SP9, Adobe 7.0, and xACF_SP11, I think there was initially a problem with ACF itself, some dlls were not correct.

I would suggest that you uninstall ACF, and manually remove the dll's if it doesnt remove automatically. Try reinstalling ACF and see.

I believe you should also move to higher version other than SP9 atleast to SP10 because I faced some other additional problems in SP9, which are fixed in SP10.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pavan,

the buttons that do not work anymore are those of my webdynpro app and are outside Acrobat Reader. ( I have tabs, menu entries and buttons to switch to other views... none of them work anymore after a PDF is rendered.)

Acrobat reader is rendered in a small area within one of my webdynpro windows.

You are probably right, I should move to a recent release but this would impact all our environment and is not feasible at this time.

Anyway thanks a lot for your feedback, I just hope we also get feedback from SAP gurus.

Regards,

Vitaliano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaliano,

Based on your response I believe that incase you remove the PDF form eveything works i.e. is your buttons.

If this is the case then you might try this, go to the folder <drive>\programfiles\common\sapshared and check the versions of the files AdobeControl.dll, OfficeControl.dll, PlaceHolder.dll

Check if all of them are of the same version mostly 6.3011.. in case these are different then you will get some problems.

Let me know.

Regards,

Pavan