cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will deprecated BO3.1 Java classes/APIs be made available again in BI4.x/WebI SDK?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are there any plans to make below deprecated classes (or similar functionality) available in current of future releases of BI4?

1. ReportStructure
  2. ReportElement
  3. ReportContainer
  4. FilterContainer
  5. ReportDictionary
  6. ReportExpression
  7. FilterObject
  8. FilterCondition

My company has put considerable development effort into enhancing WebI report functionalities for a customer (who was on BOXI 3.1). Now we want to reuse the code/APIs for a customer who is planning to implement BI4.0. But according to the "xi4_rebean_omd.pdf" and some other discussions, these classes have just gone.

I am already considering to a) raise an SAP support ticket to get an official statement and depending on this b) recommend the customer to go for 3.1 and migrate to 4.x lateron.

Thanks,

Björn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203619
Contributor
0 Kudos

Those classes are gone in BI4 and they are not coming back.  To the best of my knowledge, there will be no further updates to the ReportEngine SDK in BI4 - but all feature development will focus on the RestFul SDK's.

One useful thing with the RestFul SDK is that the structure of the Webi Report can be retrieved as an XML document - which you can then modify and commit back.   So while there may not be specific methods for adding objects, etc.. - if you can do some string parsing - you should be able to edit the webi reports all you want.

With regards to your code to modify webi reports from XI R3 - unfortunately that will not be usable in BI4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to continue using java you can switch to SoftNtic Api that wrap the SAP java classes to a cross version API

Available for XIR2, XI3.1 and BI4.x

http://www.ebiexperts.com/cms/products/softntic.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't thing so we asked for that and SAP answer us that they will introduce these features in a new Restful SDK that will only include few of these properties.

We are also disappointed of such situation as we have a lot of stuff running on rebean sdk. Maybe opening tickets will change their mind