cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro after System Parameter update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus.

I added 2 additional System Parameters to an Event Handler.

I then transported the changes to QA.

When I ran /saptrx/eh_list I could see the System Parameters were added.

However, when I tried starting the Web Dynpro (/saptrx/em_start) I got a dump.

After 5 hours the Web Dynpro mysteriously started working again!!

My best guess is that the System Parameters were updating the back-end database.

I've noticed the same thing happen every time System Parameters are transported.

I tried running /saptrx/ucpd_delete_obsolete_f and /saptrx/upcd_create but they had no effect.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Zenon.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zenon,

after parameter changes it is always necessary to run transaction /SAPTRX/UCCF once, which triggers report /SAPTRX/UCPD_UPDATE. Alternatively you can execute report /SAPTRX/UCPD_UPDATE directly. This will update the web interface parameter dictionary and the new parameters can also be used on the UI.

Cheers, Daniel

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Zenon,

Also check that the view on the system parameter table has been created properly.

See the code at line 1373 in /SAPTRX/EH_RETRIEVE_GUIDS where it determines the view name based on the extension table.

Thanks

Kevin

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

You have to do it through t-code /SAPTRX/UCCF as the program is a module pool program.

Zenon, this t-code deletes all the Info / System and Control parameters (also others like status attributes, tracking IDs, reason codes etc...) from table /SAPTRX/UCCF and recreates them afresh when you call it.

Answers (0)