cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.01 without Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurus,

I wonder about the consequences of not using a catalog in SRM, but directly choose the material from SRM product master.

I think it is possible, but I don't find if there is any collateral effects.

Thanks in advance.

Raul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raul,

I think what your trying to ask is whether there is any specific impact if you use -

• Internal goods/Services options (Material procurement) instead of using Catalogs

There is no specific effect. What extra you need to do is to Replicate the Materials from the ECC or R/3 system to the SRM system. You also need to put filter if you need only specific  materials based on Material types to be replicated. You can also put other conditions for replicating materials like Material Plant status/X-Plant status maintained in the Basic data 1 and Basic data 2, Purchasing view, Accounting view in Material master ECC.

Thank You,

From RBEI,

Snehal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raul,

Your understanding is absolutely correct. Catalog (Punch-out as well as Internally maintained through MDM) gives ability to requester to search and order item easily. That is the main feature of SRM Self-Service Procurement.

You can utilize SRM 7.0 without catalog if you are using material master from your ECC system.

Thank you

Ritesh