Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCC error

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have the following doubts -

1. If there is an issue in FCC , will the file still be archived ( in the archive folder ) or will it just show an error in comm channel and keep the file in the same folder

2. If there is an error with the FCC , Because I cannot see the comm channel logs more than 3 days old, will the same error be reflected  in the message monitoring ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>1. If there is an issue in FCC , will the file still be archived ( in the archive folder

as per help :  "To archive source files where a permanent error occurred during processing, select Archive Faulty Source Files"

so you can configure that,

>>>>2. If there is an error with the FCC , Because I cannot see the comm channel logs more than 3 days old, will the same error be reflected  in the message monitoring ?

no, message monitoring will not have this error as the message was not created,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks michal but the question is If i have not selected "archive faulty files " and there is an error due to FCC

will the file still be archived like a normal file OR will it remain in the source folder?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Typically, if you don't control the behaviour (e.g. archive it to an error folder) it would still remain in the source folder/directory and trigger an error everytime the channel polls...until you tell it to do otherwise.

A good way to determine the behaviour is to test it. Put a file in the source folder / directory that doesn't comply with your FCC and see the result.

Regards, Trevor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

A few cents,

If the error is by a bad parameter configuration, errors like " Error(s) in XML conversion parameters found: Parameter 'Struc1.fieldFixedLengths' or 'Struc1.fieldSeparator' is missing Consistency check: no. of arguments in 'Struc1.fieldFixedLength' does not match 'Struc1.fieldNames" the file will remain in the source directory even with Archive Faulty Sources Files. Without Archive Faulty Source files the file always remain in the source path in FCC error, as said.

Regards.