cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

test management – test status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the test management of the SolMan 7.1 SP5. Currently we have configured the test management to support our upgrade project of a SAP R/3 system. The logical component consists of three systems: evaluation, DEV and QA. The system role of the defined test plans points to the evaluation system at this time. When I am finally finished with the tests of the first system, I would like to run the same tests against the DEV. For this the system role only has to be switched to ‘Development System’. At this stage, after changing the role to the next system, we have expected that the system would reset automatically all of the status of the test plans, which actually belonged to the evaluation system, back to the initial state. My question is now: How can we achieve an initial state of the tests after switching the system role? Specifically, how can we achieve the status ‘yet not tested’ of the test packages? None of the test case notes should also be assigned to the test packages.

I will reward every good answer with points.

Thank you very much in advance,

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

We used this type of testing but little bit different requirement.

I would suggest the below solution.

1) Create individual test plans for different cycles of testing like evaluation,developement and QA. As you are telling to use different test cases/notes for different test plans.. you can upload the test cases for different phases and name them accordingly ..

2) Moreover create test sets for different cycles so that it will be easy for you on reporting.

3) When you generate different testplans and test packages for different cycles .. it will ask for you which test case it needs to use and you can select the cycle relevent test case only.

So the status of the test case for that test plan or test package will show as not tested yet.

You need to load your test cases in SOLAR02 -> test case tab

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jagadish.