cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping of Customer Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

There are 4,461 customer master data in our Company. Out of that We have different no of Customer code for the same customer. For example

Mother Dairy is one of our customer.We have 71 different codes for Mother Dairy customer like

M001 – Mother Dairy – HO

G0027 – Mother Dairy Gandhi Nagar.

M125 Mother Dairy Gwalior

M132 Mother Dairy Bangalore

Like this we have different code for each regions and districts.

But whenever our company has business transactions with any of these Regional and District level Mother Dairy Companies, our Payer will be Mother Dairy Ho – M001 or Some time NDDB – N001(If the PO Comes through NDDB)

Consider the below Scenario's,

SP, SH, BP Will be M125 Mother Dairy Gwalior. Payer:-M001 Mother Dairy HO

SP, SH, BP will be M132 Mother Dairy Bangalore. Payer:-M001 Mother Dairy HO

In Some scenario,

SP: – N001 National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) Anand,

SH: - M132 Mother Dairy Bangalore,

BP:-M132 Mother Dairy Bangalore; Payer:-N001 NDDB

M001 Mother Dairy HO, Payer:-N001 NDDB

N001 NDDB, Payer:-N001 NDDB

In all the above case, NDDB – N001 is our payer.

Likewise, we have Different Milk unions, Co-Operative Society as our Customer.

For all our Business transaction with Milk unions/Co-Op Society the payer will be NDDB(in Most of the cases) or the independent Milk unions/Co-Op Society who’s placing an order.

In Some Cases, NDDB is our Payer for Some PSU Customers like BHEL,NTPC and others.

We do have Other Private Players as our customers and the payer will be the same individual customer or their corporate group.e.g. For all United Breweries Transactions Payer will be UB Group.

So, based on the above cases we have come up with an idea of grouping of customer master data in to 5 different categories.

1. NDDB
  2. Mother Dairy
  3. Co-Operative
  4. PSU(Government Customers like BHEL,NTPC and others)
  5. Others(All the private firms)

How do we group the customer master data? As per my understanding my bosses want to group the customers Master Data based on the Payers.

There are various fields I have found in customer master Data.

In

1. Sales Area Data-->Sales Tab-->Customer Group.
  2. Sales Area Data-->from Menu Click on Extras -->Additional Data then we have the options of Customer Group 1-Customer Group 5
  3. In General Data-->Control Data Tab-->Corporate Group.This field has been suggested to mention the Corporate group like UB for all the United Breweries Companies.

My Query is which field would be more practical and useful.

Please help me!!! as am very much confused regarding this, cos every day my bosses saying different thing in meetings.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do we group the customer master data? As per my understanding my bosses want to group the customers Master Data based on the Payers.

Rakesh,

What does your organization want to achieve by grouping?

As your boss wants: Grouping on the basis of payer -

Understand his requirement more clearly.

M001 Mother Dairy HO, Payer:-N001 NDDB

Co-Operative Society as our Customer.

For all our Business transaction with Milk unions/Co-Op Society the payer will be NDDB(in Most of the cases)

N001 can be payer for M001 and for Co-operative so grouping on the basis of payer, means what exactly?

Say in field Customer group what value would you give for CMR M001, N001, and cooperative customers

- when the payer is N001

- when the payer is non N001

is sales transactions?

After the objective is clear and unambiguous, choosing the correct field is a much easier task.

Note: If a cmr has to be grouped in more than one fields then the second option ONLY remains.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Out of three options listed by you, if your requirement is to meet the pricing part, then, I would prefer the second option.  On the other hand, if your requirement is just for statistics purpose for generating reports accordingly, then you can consider the first option as the best one.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for ur reply!!!  is it possible to use both the options to generate Statistical Report Based on the pricing part??

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes of course.

G. Lakshmipathi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use customer group (in sales area data ->sales tab) field for both pricing and reporting. For pricing, there is another field also available, price group in the sales tab.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thevar

Looks like you have done pretty hard work to explain the issue on SDN.I have also come with the same situation and I have used Customer Group (KNVV-KDGRP ) in sales view and trust me this is the best one to distinguish.

Thanking you

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Ashish,

Yes! I did some pretty handwork to understand the issue before posting it to the Experts. By he way Thanks a lot for suggesting  me the best Option!!!