cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MII 12.1 SAP EC Actions Intergration documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have implemented established a connection between SAP Mii and SAP PCo and now want to feed the data back into SAP EC. We have implemented note  1500103.

So the SAP EC actions are now available in the workbench. However, the documentation is very sparse on this. We are attempting to send measurement data to SAP EC from Mii.

I have seen the SAP EC integration documentation, but that does not show how to configure actions.

The SDN Mii wiki shows SAP ECC but not SAP EC.

Are there any examples or references on SDN / internet which can be used to learn from ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For anyone with this same issue check out Note 1808740 - SAP MII 12.2 Actions for Environmental Compliance 3.0 which has a zip file that contains the actions and an example of how to get it up and running on Mii talking into an SAP EC System.

Make sure that in EC you setup the intergration with the external system and external system tag id then when processing the action the data will flow correctly.

🙂

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Grant,

Sorry, but I do not know what EC stands for.  Can you provide the definition or more explanation?

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

SAP  EC (Environmental Compliance) is an SAP xAPP. See sap help page. http://help.sap.com/ec30

I was really just looking for documentation or others peoples learning on the EC / Mii integration using the SAP EC Actions from Mii workbench in an Mii transaction.

So far the only documentation I've found is in the EC functional guide. However, this does not go into the detail of parameters to pass between Mii and EC.

Not sure if that helps. But thanks all the same.

0 Kudos

Hi Grant,

If you are looking at RFC as the method of integration, there will be very little documentation.  I generally do not use the ECC Enterprise Services as RFC connects are faster and more efficient in my experience.  So I do not have much experience with web services connections to either ECC or other SAP systems and cannot comment on the documentation. 

If you have the ability to go the RFC route, you can try either T-code BAPI or SE37 which will allow testing to determine functionality.  If you have the ability to manually enter data in a T-code screen in the EC system and then find a Display type RFC that will provide a template of what fields were filled, it is a help to the type of trial and error testing on what is needed as inputs.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Micheal,

Thanks for getting back. SAP EC is not an ABAP system and does not have the usual RFC backend available. SAP EC does however, have web services available and these are better document and using the web service navigator on SAP EC i am able to test and deconstruct the services.

Rather than using the Mii "SAP EC" actions I will be using a web service / http post to perform the uploading of data from SAP Mii and SAP EC.