cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing Vibration levels of Gearboxes in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a requirement at the client site where they want to capture the vibration levels at different points on a gearbox. They want to do this as a part of daily inspections and analyze the readings over a period of time. They have about 8 points on each gearbox that they want to capture these vibration levels. My initial thought is to create 8 measurement points for each gearbox and capture these readings, but just wanted to pick the brains of the experts as well.

Please advise.

Thanks,

DKK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings DKK,

I'd like to capture those as Measurement readings. Create Measurement points with the "VIBRATION_LEVEL" characteristic and use the Position field to differentiate between your reading points on a gearbox (I assume a gearbox will be a single Equipment, but your setup may vary if you use Functional Locations or an Equipment Hierarchy instead). Since you will be capturing data for multiple measurement points, you might want to consider Measurement Reading Entry List (IK31)

But may I ask, how is the data going to be captured? Is that from a plant information system, or rather a manual exercise (worker going to the gearbox to perform measurements)?

In the latter case, you might want to consider using a maintenance plan for inspections (since this will generate a plan for the inspectiona and also your client might want to capture the workers' labour time as well - then you could capture the reading as part of your Order confirmation)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for the response. The plan is to create a maintenance plan for the inspections as this is going to be manual exercise and the Generator is going to be defined as an equipment. I incidentally happened to take a look at the IK31 transaction just today. So, I think my thoughts seem to be in tune with yours. Points awarded.

Thanks,

DKK

Answers (0)