cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inter plant batch characteristics value transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i have micro testing scenario in current project . Micro testing MIC are long term caharcteristics. it is linked to class caharcteristics .

its is used in FG and production GR inspection lot.  i will do the GR and stock will be quality . Short term MIC results will be recorded and UD made.

now the stock is transfer  keeping same batch in other plant that is warehouse . after few days micro testing results are input in original plant .

this valus flows to batch classification in the cahracteristics in original plant.

now my requirement is this value should flow to the same batch in other plant.  how can it be done?

batch status is plant level in SPRO. other plant does not QM .

ECC 6.0

please advice.

regards,

satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SPRO > Logistics - General > Batch Management > Batch Valuation > Valuation for Goods Movement in Inventory Management > Activate Batch Classification for Goods Movements in IM

Set "1" for movement type.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kim,

above settings is already maintained in the system.it will affect only while stock movement.

in my scenario stock is alreday transfered to other plant , then i will do result recording in sender plant

and value gets updated batch characteristics in sendder plant. this value i need to transfer to other plant

which has has stock of same batch.

regards,

satish

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear, Satish.

I'm not sure, but in my opinion, SAP stand-alone does not provide your requirement because the batch master is plant-wise data.

Even if the batch numbers are same in several plant, who can confirm all batch are physically same.

Only through stock posting process, you can confirm both batch are same, whatever the batch numbers are same or not.

I recommend you implement the follow-up function in UD code.

Anyway please wait more valuable answers from another expert.

Regards, DoWook KIM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can probably do this via batch derivation.  By setting the sending and receiving material info, and setting the batch derivation to happen at time of UD you should be able to push the long term characteristics across. It will require you to change the UD on the inspection lot you are recording the LT characteristic on.  I suggest having two acceptable UD codes.  One code for approval when ST characteristics are done, and then a second one to be used when LT characteristics are done. 

FF