cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

background job failing

former_member275479
Participant
0 Kudos

job is failing when we run background but no issues while running foreground. please advise what could be the issue ?

Here is error :

Unable to create file

Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is failure while attaching files then check the transactions OAC2 or OAC3.

Regards,

BK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

are you writing the file on unix directory or something else ? please provide more details of the program.

best regards,

swanand

former_member275479
Participant
0 Kudos

not while attaching. when we run the job in SAP,it should create a file at OS level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check for authorizations on the folder you are writing and also the background user authorization

best regards,

swanand

former_member275479
Participant
0 Kudos

it has SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW authorizations.

former_member275479
Participant
0 Kudos

Windows directory.i compared the settings with other folder where same kind of job runs

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you specify a file name when running it in the foreground?

If yes, where is it pointing to?

Kr. Mark

former_member275479
Participant
0 Kudos

we defined logical/physical path. so when we run foreground or background basically we are using logical name. everything is coded in the program.

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have more details than this? Which file is trying to be created? Do you see any more information about this in the SAP system log, or in de dev_w* trance of the background work process?

Kr. Mark

former_member275479
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

i dont see any error messages in SM21 or Dumps in ST22. not even in event viewer.

no clue in Dev_w* too. i am not sure from where to start.

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

When you double click the batch job and select job details, you see on which server and which WP number the job has been executed.

Via transaction sm51 you can go to that particular server and in the work process over view table, you select the checkbox of the WP number.

Via Administration -> trace -> display file, you can see the developer trace of the work process. Usually it provides more information when something goes wrong.

Kind regards,

Mark

former_member275479
Participant
0 Kudos

i checked and i dont see any message during that time.