cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Availability Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We do have maintained budgets at Level 4, similarly commitments and actuals are also maintained at Level 4. However, the management have now decided to have the Budget control at Level 1.

I know the remaining budget at Level 4 can be extend to Level 1. However, I want to know if I follow following steps, whether I can take the entire budget upto Level 1.

• Change the Budget Activation Type to "0" - Can not be activated in Budget Profile (OPS9)
  • Then undo the Release from CJ32 and get the entire Budget upto Level 1 from CJ30.
  • Then change the Budget Activation Type back to "1" - Automatic activation during budget allocation.
  • Then run CJBN - Reconstruct avaiablity control.

Please do let me know your thoughts on this.

Regards,

MS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

There is nothing much to do, just go to CJ32 and remove budget from all the WBS except the 1st WBS element.

Thanks,

Soubhagya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

aprat of above

just run CJ32 and remove budget from all the child WBS, Except the 1st WBS element.

whenever you will create PR or any other commitment system take budget from 1st wbs element let say budget controlling and budget release disburse would be on PD level. even budget availability check (AVAC) would be at 1 level of wbs if avac would be active.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MS,

You can make changes as specified above.

But before that make it sure that you do not want to use previously budgeted WBS i.e. level 4 WBS for raising a new PR of by other means to post actual or commitment.

You have to create new WBS parallel to WBS of level for creating commitment or actual at level 4.

Reason- Following above steps will make distributable amount for previously budgeted WBS of level 4 equal to assigned values.

Run a test cycle in quality/testing server.

Note- system check for budget at child WBS if available then ok else if concern WBS is non-budgeted(No AVAC) then it check parent WBS for budget and so on.

Regards,

Pranav

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I think you can achieve the same in a more easier way:

1. Check S_ALR_87013558 report and find the available budget against WBS at level 4 WBS.
  2. Return Budget from those WBS (Level 4) using CJ38.
  3. Supplement that returned budget from level 4 WBS to Level 1 WBS using CJ37.
  4. Run CJEN & CJBN.

I hope, in this way you would be able to maintained all budget at level 1 along with the control settings you have maintained there.And due to unavailability of budget at 4th level no budget related transaction will occur there .

I hope this helps.

Regards

Ankur