Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one column in OVP

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm starting with OVP and I've a little problem. I've created section, set it to display 2 columns and added two UIBBs, Unfortunatelly they are being displayed in two separated rows. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? In preview everything looks ok.

Best Regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

EDIT: I've just noticed one more thing. I've pushed Personalization button and inside I could see two sections (everything ok so far) but both were set to display mode "One column" and in first section I could see all 3 UIBB and in second section none. When I pressed restore to default everything was set to like it should be (section one: layout two columns, and I can see two UIBB each in separate column, section two: layout one column and one UIBB inside). Is this some kind of bug in FPM? This is new application so I'm pretty sure that I didn't set any personalization/customization/cofiguration for it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hate it when I'm looking for reason of problem for 2 hours, write a post on sdn and 10 minutes later I find a solution 😕

according to manual

Unexpected effects might occur if an application enables personalization but also performs dynamic changes at runtime via the OVP CNR API IF_FPM_CNR_OVP or the OVP Application Controller API IF_FPM_OVP. The interaction of personalization and dynamic changes might become apparent on the screen when the end-user resets the personalization settings for an OVP page.

I'm using AppCC to omit initial screen. I guess this is enough to make problems 😕

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Marcin,

no, simply skipping the initial screen does not make any problems. The reason for the observed behavior is that there was already personalization data stored for your user. So, before you performed the changes in the configuration/ customizing you had already started the application and changed some layout-relevant properties. For example, you might have collapsed or expanded an assignment block or changed the position of assignment blocks via drag & drop or via the personalization dialog. Please note that the complete page layout is stored in the personalization layer when you do any layout changes. Changing the configuration afterwards does not influence these stored personalization data. Therefore, you could not see any effect after changing the configuration/ customizing. When pressing the Reset button on the personlaization dialog your stored personalization data will be deleted and therefore, you will see the configured layout immediately. So, in principle, whenever you change the configuration/ customizing you should delete your personalization data.

Best regards,

Jens

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

I would agree with you, if not the fact that both sections (and almost all pages) were created by me yesterday. So there is no way I would have stored  any personalization data earlier.

Best Regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Almost all pages...? What about the one that you were talking about in your problem description?

I'm sure you have started the application at least once and changed something on the U for the page in questionI. Otherwise, a Reset to Default on the personalization dialog would not have any effect. The personalization data is stored per page, by the way.

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hard to say. I've created it some time ago. Let's leave it as it is. If I will hit once again on this problem I will write some info here.

Answers (0)