Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter for communication with Integration Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to implement a synchronous scenario in PI (7.1):

WebSphere sends a message over HTTP to PI, PI needs to map it to a specific format and send it back. No other systems are involved.

I'm using Integration Server as the receiver. What adapter should I use in the receiver communication channel?

thank you

Laima

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not possible to build an interface in PI without a receiver system; but you have following option to achieve the solution.

If ABAP development is allowed on PI landscape, develop a custom RFC function module in the same PI ABAP stack and implement the transformation in the RFC function module and call the RFC function module as receiver system. So the flow will be as follows…

1. Source System <----> PI <---> PI

Use RFC adapter to call PI ABAP stack from PI itself.

Thanks

VJ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use SOAP to SOAP scenario and do conversion at mapping level as per your requirement.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just for map to a specific format you want to integrate with PI and no backend systems involved.  You can use HTTP as sender and HTTP as receiver. Still not fully convinced for using PI for this scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When configuring HTTP receiver communication channel, what value should I put in HTTP destination field?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use target system URL.  Please check whether websphere system supports to handle response from http receiver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Communication Channel I'm trying to enter HTTP destination value    https://XXXXXX.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PunchOutOrder

but the problem is that HTTP Destination only allows me to put 32 characters in that field... so my value doesn't fit.

This is so annoying...

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you select  Addressing Type HTTP destination then

You need to create a HTTP destination in SM59 then enter the HTTP destination name .

If you select URL then you need provide URL details (service number,target host and Path).