cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How minimize the entries by device in DOE log trace tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I need minimize the entries in log traces (SMMW_LOG_HDR , SMMW_LOG_DET). I changed the log_trace_levels in SMMW_TRC_SETTING , but the log still grow fast.

Is there any way to disable log e trace in a production enviroment ?

I used sm30 to performace SMMW_TRC_SETTING ? is it correct approach ? I need any other steps ?

Is there any officila document ?

PS:

There are any lines in SMMW_LOG_HDR only with enviroment,process_id,sub_process_id and sequence numer (=1) any no more data. I think it is unecessary entries .

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can run a job on report: SMMW_REORG_MSG_STORE and SMMW_REORG_LOG. This is a report to drop all message store entries, logs and traces in older than a specified number of days.

These reports clear all the DOE logs. You can schedule this to be cleaned up every 24 hours, but depending upon the number of days you want to store the logs, you can define the number of days to retain these logs. Say for example, you want to retain the last 5 days logs, you can set the parameter accordingly, and run it every 24 hours, so that the last 5 days logs will be retained and the logs beyond that will be deleted on a daily basis.

Hope this helps.