Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA Process

former_member268711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am asked to set up a return material authorization (RMA) process by my client.  They already have a RMA process in place and it is used for other entity.  I have been asked to adopt the same process.

RMA Process:

1)      We send out replacement unit to customer

2)      Customer send the defective unit after receiving the replacement unit

3)      Sometime charge customer for this service.

Customer keeps the replacement unit and the defective unit is repaired and kept in our inventory for replacements.  We have a vendor how does the repair for us.  The repair process is out of scope and we don’t use CS and PM.

SAP Process Deployed:

Single sales order with three different item categories to handle above 3 processes (Send Replacement, receive return, service charge).

Send Replacement - consignment fill-up is used(MB1A with 633W done later).

Receive Return – Return without billing.

Service Charge – Normal Service Charge.

I believe the process implemented is wrong. All three processes are bundled in on one transaction (sales Order) for convenience.  I believe that each process should follow standard SAP transaction, that is return – Std. Return Order (without billing since customer will receive replacement), Send Replacement – Free of charge delivery, Service Charge – through Std. order with service charge.

I would like to get the input form the experts in above case.  I want to follow the best practice which I believe the SAP standard transaction for each process.

Please give your valuable advice.

Thanks,

Abdul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member268711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raymar,

I had already documented this return process as a proposal.  I just wanted share the process currently followed to get some input from experts as I feel it is a wrong practice.

Thanks,

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am with you on this. stick to SAP standard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul

I dont think the process followed is wrong, i Just wanted to know in single sales order there shall be three line item which will will be coming and of which there will be one return line item and the other replacement line item and the first one would be billable line item

In your sales order is there a repiair tab present , if possible send the screenshot how it looks for further discussion and clariifcations

former_member268711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for replying. There is no repair tab. One line item for return(with return delivery and no credit memo), second line for replacement unit(KBN), and third one for service charge.

So you think it is not wrong to use return item category and consignment fill-up in same order order type?

Firstly, I doubt SAP will support such a process in case of any issue in future upgrades.  Secondly, Why SAP doesn't club the return order with FOC delivery in a single document?

I just don't feel comfortable going forward with this process.

Thanks again!

Abdul