cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern [*] Operator in Select Option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In any standard search help criteria or our own developed select options, when we enter some character in the name field, it automatically takes = (Single Value) operator. Which is ok.

Now when we put * (Star) before the characters, it Does not change to [*] operator. While in R3 Screen it does. It is very difficult for the end users to select the operator from the list, and each time, it is very common to search by name, then if forgot to put * before or in the end, then put the star, change the operator manually and then proceed.

Is there any way to automatically change it, the moment we put *. (Same like SAP R3 Screen does).

Please help. Its urgent.

Thanks & Regards,

Arvind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iftah_peretz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look at this:

http://scn.sap.com/community/web-dynpro-abap/blog/2012/08/10/freely-programmed-value-help

and tell me what you are missing,

Best,

Iftah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iftah,

Thanks for Replying. I am not creating any search help. I am using standard search help in web dynpro.

now in the selection creteria of search help, suppose I have to search by employee name.

I enter Arvind in name fields and press enter, or click on start search.

The operator of select option would become =

now I want to see all record which have Arvind, any where in their name, so put * (star) and the name field would have *Arvind* now.

But now pressing enter of clicking on start search does not change the operaotr to [*] (Pattern), which sould be changed automatically. (Like standard R3 Screen).

Waiting for response.

Thanks & Regards,

Arvind Patel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shivesh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Arvind,

REPLACE ALL OCCURRENCES OF '*' IN lv_pernr WITH '%' .
       REPLACE ALL OCCURRENCES OF '*' IN lv_name WITH '%' .

SELECT pernr ename  FROM pa0001 INTO TABLE lt_select_list
         WHERE ( pernr LIKE lv_pernr AND

ename LIKE lv_name ).

This will resolve your query.

Regard's,

Shivesh Ranjan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivesh,

Thanks for reply,

but i am talking about changing the = opetrator to [*] autmoatically, the moment i put * in name.

I want to work this in same way is SAP R3 Screen selet option.

Thanks & Rrgards,

Arvind Patel

Shivesh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Arvind,

It will work same way, along with OVS. U can use OVS for that.

Regard's,

Shivesh Ranjan.