cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class characteristics in result recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have used 4 MICs in my inspection plan for goods receipt. these are durometer, tensometer, grade and stack. All these 4 have class characteristic assigned to them so that the batch produced have characteristic values after UD. My requirements are

1. If durometer value is < 8 and tensometer value is > 2, grade is A, if the durometer value is  8 to 10 and tensometer value between 1 and 2, grade is B, for any other value of durometer and tensometer values grade should be C.

I am trying with calculated characteristic for grade but not able to write formula.

2.  During confirmation and GR i do that for stacks only, stacks will come for quality check so i created the class characteristic for stack with table and field name MCHB and CINSM. And i assign this to the MIC stack.

But i am not getting any value for stack during result recording.

Please guide.

Regards,

Sunit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think for both the  queries simply you can copy function module QEFC_FORMULA_CALC_EXAMPLE ,make a Z-function module & assign it in customization.Write the logic in this FM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thank you, can you please guide where to assign it at customizing ?

Regards,,

Sunit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In QCC3 >>RR >>Define Parameters for Calculated Characteristic>>Define Parameters for Calculated Characteristic >>Add entry say Z1 ( can also make copy of existing parameter >> origin of values = function module & maintain a Z-function module with your logic.

Use this Z1 formula in Calc Char.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Thank you all, my question answrd.

Regards,

Sunit.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For grade, you'll probably have to write a function module for the general characteristic and assign it in the variant config for the characteristic.  No need to even have it in results recording.  I.e. No MIC.

For stack:

You can't link a general characteristic to a database field and have it appear vin results recording.  The value does not transfer to the mic in results recording.  You also cannot link the general characteristic to a field that that can have multiple values which is what you are trying to do.  MCHB an have multiple records for the same batch since the same batch can be stored in multiple storage locations.  So it would require the system to sum the records up and SAP will not do that.

Again, to get a stacks value in the batch record, you might possibly be able to create a FM and assign it in variant config.  But I'm pretty sure you'll have issues with this.  When an inventory change occurs, what would trigger a recalculation of stacks?  If that is meant to be a realtime value, I'm not sure you can do that.  If it's a one time, thing, than maybe.

FF