Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding patches in Stack.xml

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are upgrading our landscape to 7.3. After upgrading dev systems and during testing we had to patch the system twice.

Now while preparing stack.xml file for other systems, in which stage do we get to include this patches as well so as to not keep patching every system manually? Or do we get to do just modifications at all? As far as I remember by choosing automatically calculate file and after selecting technical type ,it straight always goes to the push files to 'Download Basket' phase.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

It is advisible to use a same stack.xml file dev, qas and prd. As you said you had patched dev system after upgrade, in the same way you can patch quality manually also. I feel it would not be good to manual changes in stack file as it leads to inconsistency.

If you want to upgrade to latest sp level, generate a new stack file and upgrade qas and prd with new stack. After that try to maintain same patch levels across the landscape.

In above case do not do any transports as there will be a component version mismatch.

- Mahesh Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if you plan to go for new stack.xml, please make sure you do selected all the patches as equal as dev... but again nt sure hw feasible spau and spdd goes..

since you hav transport which created before patching dev.... my suggestion is create new SPAU and SPDD request again.

the best approach, plan your maintenace callander properly according to the product release schedule, and also include all the system in the landscape for each maintenance window.

Thanks

Jansi