cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relational Connection to BW in IDT - JCO Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i am trying to  build a universe based on an SAP NetWeaver BW InfoProvider by first creating a relational connection to the data source.I am creaitng a connection for this by seleting "Insert relational connection" in the repository and selection the SAP JAVA Connector(SAP Jco) driver. But when i test my connection i am getting the below error.

"com.sap.connectivity.cs.java.drivers.DBDError: [Data Federator Driver] [Server] [Connector 'testSourceConnection1347977736612'] An error occurred while trying to ping the server: Could not generate a callback program ID: (73) You have no authorization to change destination DF_JCO_...."

Can anyone help in this.. let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have the same problem.

With SAP_ALL rights the connection is working, but user should not have sap_all.

Which settings or authorziations are neccessary to handle this problem?

Thanks!

Kathi

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you try su53 and logging in BW to see what kind of authorizations you need. You can ask about these to your Basis admin to help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, that helped me to check our authorization.

So we tested in su53 and there are all required authorizations like mentionend in SAP Note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1604227  

But the error still occures. Any other ideas?

regards,

Kathi

Edit:

Problem is solved now! Instead of using explicit name DF_JCO_servername_1 in the authorization entry, we are now using DF_JCO_servername_*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathi,

This is in response to your below reply,  I follow your steps to edit the host file and add server details.  But, still i'm getting same error.

I'm using SAP user to create connection in IDT. This user has SAP_ALL rights.

Also I change the RFC connection name from DF_JCO_servername_0 to DF_JCO_Servername_* in the authorization entry.

still I'm getting same error.

if you have any other solution, please let me know

regards,

Ansar M

Hi Ansar,

go to your server where you installed BO and open the hosts file under C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.

Edit this file with simple texteditor. You should find the the following rows:

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.

# 127.0.0.1       localhost

# ::1             localhost

After that examples you write an entry (IP Adress + Hostname) of your SAP BW Server you want to connect with.

Example:

10.33.44.555     BW_servername

Hope this will help you.

regards,

Kathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We only get this problem, if the user has no SAP_ALL rights.

As long our user has SAP_ALL rights everthing works fine.. so sorry, no more ideas on this.

Sometimes a complete BO server restart solves our problems!

I know that sounds curious, but you would wonder how often that's the final clue, after doing different settings on BO and BW server.

regards,

Kathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathi,

Thanks for your response.

Since I prepare this BO Server, I'm trying to create a relational connection to SAP BW, I'm getting this error when ever I test connection.

I will try to install a latest FP, lets see that resolve the error.

Regards,

Ansar M

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I also suggest that the user authorizations required for connections are as follows

The authorizations required for EVERY USer launching a query in BO would require defining a connection against BW include the following:

S_RFC                   (Authorization Check for RFC Access)

S_RS_ADMWB    (Data Warehousing Workbench - Objects)

S_RS_AUTH         (BI Analysis Authorizations in Role)

S_RS_ICUBE        (Data Warehousing Workbench - InfoCube)

S_RS_IOBJ           (Data Warehousing Workbench - InfoObject)

S_RS_ISET           (Data Warehousing Workbench - InfoSet)

S_RS_MPRO        (Data Warehousing Workbench - MultiProvider)

S_RS_ODSO        (Data Warehousing Workbench - DataStore Object)

To avoid giving every SAP user who will use this JCO connections the create/change authorization on S_RFC_ADM.  The manual callback ID only requires the authorization S_RFC_ADM Administration for RFC-Destinations and this connection is then used for all users.

If Authorizations are not properly set you may see the error:

Could not generate a callback program ID: (73) You have no authorization to change destination

DF_JCO__________-X1_0

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Every user needs correct Authorizations on BW side, and then also on BI 4 side.

You can also take a look at the WIKI: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/hoaLEg

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your BW user and BO user if they have proper rights for you to create a connection.

"com.sap.connectivity.cs.java.drivers.DBDError: [Data Federator Driver] [Server] [Connector 'testSourceConnection1347977736612'] An error occurred while trying to ping the server: Could not generate a callback program ID: (73) You have no authorization to change destination DF_JCO_...."

You problem is your BW user do not have right to call the DF_JCO_..... function in BW system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.. where i can do these settings..is some rights to be given in CMC also?... or only BW user is to be given rights..

thanks...

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you familiar with BW authorization? If you are not then ask your BW administrator to assign your BW user proper rights. Try to add SAP_ALL to user's profile. After that try to create a connection and see if your connection works.

I don't think your BO user has authorization problems. However it is better to check you BO user too. Does your BO user have administrator rights or something else? If it doesn't then add your BO user to Administrator group of BO or give right so that you can create a connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure i'll check.. thanks..