Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV02N - Message no. 26172

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi All,

I am trying to change the content information of a document in CV02N, which's already checked-in to a storage container. I see the below error message when clicked on the 'Change' icon and value PC is entered for 'Data Carrier' under 'Originals' tab. I have checked the User was given 'Admin' rights under 'Authorizations' tab & Document status as 'In-work' under 'Document Data' tab.

Error:

File: 'Path maintained for Storage system - Content repository / Data carrier for Front end PC + Origninal File path: cannot be created

Message no. 26172

Also checked the below thread as per Vivek's comment - to make sure the customizing is done properly in SM59 -> TCP/IP connections.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1322642

Please suggest on what could be done to resolve this issue.

-thnx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Goto SPRO-->

Check DMS configuration and maintained the storage category and data carrier type correctly. Enter the correct correct file system and data carrier path.

And definitely check the RFC connection along with above suggested TCP/IP.

Regards

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Shailendra,

Thanks for your response. I did check the customizing settings for Storage Category (OACT) & Data Carrier for PC - are the same. I was able to check-in the document, but not make any changes even though the user is given Admin rights under 'Authorizations' tab. The RFC Connection settings were maintained as mentioned in the above link.

Please let me know if I am missing anything else.

-thanks

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe the information at http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/5QC9Cg and the additional details in transaction SLG1 could help to figure out the detailed reason for this error message.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Thanks for your suggestion. I was able to make changes to the document by right click on selected document - 'Process Under' and then Check-In the document after making the changes. This seemed to be work around solution. But, later the changes by clicking on 'Change' icon also worked fine. Unsure what has changed.

However, I couldn't find the 'Check-Out' option for a document in CV02N. Thought there will be an option of check out?. I see the 'Unlock' when the changes are made, Does this itself mean Checkout option?. Please let me know & thanks for your inputs.

-Regards

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

in CV02N there is no special 'Checkout' button. If you use the 'edit' button the file will be checked out (lock icon open).

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Christoph,

Thanks for the reply. Closing the issue.

-Regards

Answers (0)