cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent email alerts? Please help!

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have defined an alert category uisng ALRTCATDEF transaction. But when I trigger the alert via XI I get alert both in my email as well as alert inbox. Now my requirement is to get alerts only in alert inbox. So how to prevent email alerts?

Is there any setting?

Is there any container variable to be setup and used in alert category?

Kindly help!

Thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The better way to do this,

1. Log on to the the Alert Inbox of the recipeient of the Alert.

2. Go to the tab --> Personlization

3. Deseletc the Option --> Email.

Now Emails will not be sent,

Regards

Bhavesh

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

But my application has 20 users. I can't tell each and every user to personalize this in portal.

Is there some central way to configure it? Or any way to programatically set it via SALERT_CREATE FM?

Thanks

Gopal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gopal,

You have 20 recipients for the Alerts?

In that case, using FIXED recipients should not be the way to do it. You should use <b>Recipient Via User Role</b> in ALRTCATDEF.

And yes, you will have to ask the recipient of the alert to personalize the same.

By default, the Alert EMails are turned off and only because your 20 recipients have turned them ON manually are they receiving the Emails.

So, if they need to turn it off, they should again do the reverse of re setting the Personalization option. This is the correct way to do this.

Regards

Bhavesh

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

very simple....edit ur user data....in the menu goto system->user profile->own data and there u can find the email id....just remove it

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also u can do it by not configuring SAPConnect (SCOT)...this will not send any mails to external id's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto ->SU01. Choose your Id and edit it. Here remove the email field. Make it blank and save the user.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi prabhu,

If I remove email id from user profile then I get a log in SOST transaction.

This way it works but I feel this is not a proper way to handle this case.

I want a solution which will prevent email as well any logs.

Thanks

Gopal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try what I have mentioned. It is the correct way to stop Emails being triggered for your alerts.

Regards

Bhavesh

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u can check with bhavesh reply and also try with not configuring scot...only when scot is confgiured it will try to search for the mail id given in user profile and leaves a log when not found. if this is not configured i hope u will not be able to find the log itself. But if any of ur appl needs an mail update then pls check with bhavesh reply.

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

How to disable SCOT? Any docs?

Thanks

Gopal

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SCOT is a transaction code...just run it and delete the corres node....follow the bottom up approcach....

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Hi Prabhu,

>

> How to disable SCOT? Any docs?

> Gopal

Would not recommned this option. Just to turn of Alert Emails you are turining of SCOT. This will lead to ALL Emails being sent from your SAP system being stopped from being sent.

Regrads

Bhavesh