cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tray height

faebulicious
Explorer
0 Kudos

I would like to stretch a tray to a relativ height (%). As long as I set an absolute height (e.g. 500px) the tray's height stays at it's height, and shows scroll bars as soon as the content needs more space.

Wenn I use a relative height (e.g. 25%), the size of the tray is allways adjusted depending on the content. The parent container of the tray is allready streched vertically, but the tray will not...

Any solution on this?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

the height is always the height in relation to the surrounding view element. This can be a ui element, but also layout data. So on the way to the root element, one element has to have a height that is large enough to apply your 25%. In addition, the browser needs to be able to calculate the size. This means that you should always align all element up to the root element to value "top" (for valign),

Best regards,

Thomas

faebulicious
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Thanks for your reply. I know about the relation to the parent elements. The parent element is stretched vertically and i can proof that by using a special layout cell layout.

Meanwhile i found out, that it is working perfect for panels which are very similar. I'm gonna use these elements.

But I still like to know if there is a special trick for trays.

Kind regards,

Fabian

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

have you set valign to top up to the root element?

Best regards,

Thomas