cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to compare txt file with new data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I need to compare new data(with employee no) read with a JDBC Adapter to make sure that only employee no's as in the txt file will be send with a RFC Adapter to R/3. Can someone please advise me on this?

Thanks

Clinton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clinton,

it is difficult to do this without any business logic.

1) On the one hand the sending JDBC could make sure that new record are only send once. You could achive this by using a flag in the record. Than in the sender communication channel

1.1) modify your select statement, that only records with <i>flag=initial</i> are read.

1.2) Place a update statement in the communication channel <i>flag='X'</i>

2) Or modify the RFC that only new records are inserted in your R/3 system

Regards Mario

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Clinton,

I think the design provided by Naresh would be better.

Read the file using a Sender File adapter and then perfrom a DB look up top get the database records from the database table and do the comparison.

For DB look up,

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clinton,

Here is my undestanding of your requirement:

1.Read data from some table using jdbc adapter which also contains employee no.

2 Read data from a existing text file and check if employee no taken from table matches with in text file.

3. Send data to RFC, if point 2 is valid

If this is the requirement, then you can use BPM to read, check and send data to the R/3,

If you do not want to use BPM, then you can do look-up in the mapping but this can be bit tricky

Regards,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shoeman,

you can have a BPM process for it.......your proces will start when you receive a txt file.......then from your JDBC adapter you will retreive all employee data by select * from employee table statement........then in mapping, you will have as input, both your source txt file msg type and JDBC adapter filling msg type and in target you will have the target stucture for sending data to R/3.......Then you will create a UDF which will have 2 inputs - emplee no from txt file and emplyee num from JDBC - In udf, do resultlist.addValue for only new data.........send this output to target message............Send this target data via RFC adapter to R/3.....Hope this solves your query.......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta