cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP OER - Central Number Range Administration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody please explain me how to implement the Central Number Range Administration Scenario between local AII & central OER ?

do needed any badi implementation (badis present in SPRO)...if yes please suggest....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi gauri,

Even I have the same requirement which is mentioned below.

A number range has to be generated in centralized OER system.A request for number will be sent from AII system to OER system.On receiving the request the number range has to be sent from OER to AII.And from AII system this number range will be sent to external system.Now I have the below questions.

1) How to send the number range from OER to AII.Is there any standard proxy already present.I have the standard proxy GETNUMBERRANGE or is there any other way.

2) After sending it to AII, how do we store the number range in AII.

3) How do we retrieve the stored number range in AII and how can we send it to the external system.

Can you please give your valuable inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There are standard SAP PI/XI interfaces for Number Range Request(from AII to OER) and Number Range Response(from OER to AII).

Depending on your ABAP Support Package of your system XI content for Auto-ID Infrastructure  7.1 which needs to be and installed on the XI system.

Following are the related Messages Interfaces and respectively (generated) standard proxies with the same names.

NumberRangeRequest_Out (AII to XI) - /AIN/CO_NUMBER_RANGE_REQUEST

NumberRangeRequest_In(XI to OER) - /AIN/II_NUMBER_RANGE_REQUEST

NumberRangeConfirmation_Out (OER to XI) - /AIN/CO_NUMBER_RANGE_CONF

NumberRangeConfirmation_In (XI to AII - /AIN/II_NUMBER_RANGE_CONF

Regards,

BRV.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bharath for your valuable inputs.

Can also help in the requirement mentioned below.

Ones the AII reaches the threshold of the number range it should automatically trigger the proxy NumberRangeRequest_Out from AII and the request the number range from OER.

But how will I know that the threshold for the number range is reached in AII to trigger this proxy.

Are there any settings are to be maintained to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

While maintaining the number ranges in AII there are different fields called "Serial Number From", "Serial Number To", "Current Number" and "Alert Threshold of Number Range(Percent)" among other fields. The person who maintains the number range will populate all these fields. As the numbers for the number range were consumed the field "Current Number" is incremented. Once the "Current Number" value reaches the percentage maintained in the field  "Alert Threshold of Number Range(Percent)"SAP AII will automatically request number ranges from OER system(if Central number range is maintained).

To your question the answer is "It is automatically determined and triggered by SAP AII depending on the above mentioned logic.

Note: Can you please create new thread if you have any follow-up questions. Thanks.

Regards,

BRV.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bharath.

I will definitely do that.

Datta
    Explorer
    0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
    0 Kudos

I know abt this...but i want to know whether it needs additional badi implementations or not?

I am trying to implement it..bur not able to get the desired output from oer when given initial number range request from aii.

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Hi Gauri,

You only need a BADI implementation if you are doing something specific to your customer other than the standard provided by SAP.

Just to elaborate what  Dattatrya mentioned you need setup your OER as the central instance and AII system as the local instance in respective "Client Specific Control Parameters" configuration. Then you have to implement the PI integration scenario for Number Range Administration and assign your AII and OER business systems to this scenario.

Have you done the above configurations?

You mentioned something about the desired output? What is your requirement and why are you trying to use a BADI?

Regards,

Bharat Vaka

Former Member
    0 Kudos

First ensure the GTIN is setup in both AIE and AII for the material in question. Then request number range from AII.

Thanks