cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPTK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am thinking after performing changes (including new set of cost elements) in OPTK, is it must to perform the CJEN and CJBN run?

Regards,

MS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are exempting certain cost elements from being considered during the availability control it is usually preferred or advisable to run CJBN. You can also run CJEN.

Remember, running both these tcodes wont harm your system in any way.

Regards,

Gokul

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know with OPTK configuration, the impact of the change effect the entire list of Projects in the future. However, want to know whether we can control this. For example, is there is a way to apply this restriction for a set of projects which belongs to a particular Company Code?

Regards,

MS

former_member513364
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I fear this is not possible, if you are using same G/Ls and CE across company codes, as exemption CE is maintained at COarea level.

Rgds,

AM

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Mark,

performing changes (including new set of cost elements) in OPTK, is it must to perform the CJEN and CJBN run?

YES YOU NEED TO PERFORM .

CJBNReconstruct availability CO for project
CJENReconstruct project info database

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Above post has replies your query very well.

In Reconstruct Availability Control activity, you reconstruct all the data for availability control. The assigned values are recalculated and references are created to the objects that have budget.

See this for more details http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/86/98853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

In CJEN- Reconstruct project info database

In this database is refreshed and it is recommended in case of any discrepancy in reports.

As above said this has no harm so you can this.

Regards,

Pranav

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I must say, CJBN is preferred to run and CJEN is required if you have made some changes in value categories and you want to fix them.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you must run both CJBN and CJEN after your changes in OPTK. Doing this will somehow initially check if there will be issues to occur.

Cheers,

Rod