cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold to Party - Sales Order and WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team,

Pl help me on following requirement with possible solutions.

Process: Customer created, Project created, Customer assigned as partner (SP- Sold to party) in billing WBS, Sale order created and WBS assigned in line item level.

Requirement: Sales order should be created for the customer defined as partner in WBS or at least it should show an error if sold to party selected in sale order is different.

Problem: we can create Sales order for X customer and WBS with partner defined as Y; I couldnt create validation as table IHPA (table with partner information) is not available in OPSI.

Is there any standard configuration or user exit or any other solution we can think about?

Reg/ Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony

I am not sure that can be enabled. To my knowledge it is not possible.

In sales order, the sold to party is at header level common for all the items.

When we talk about the item data, it is possible for different line items to have different WBS elements assigned as account assignment objects. Hence it will become difficult if you include multiple WBS elements each having different sold to party in the items of sales order. For this reason I would even suggest you not to do this.

I also looked at the project level data. You cannot assign sold to party anywhere in the project.

If you have a process where you will use only one WBS element for all items of a sales order, then it is possible to do it through user exit. in that case you can do that in the include MV45AFZZ in the user exit    user_exit_save_document_prepare

Here you can mention that if the SP is not the same as the SP of the WBS element towhich the items are assigned, then the order shoudl not save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha,

Thanks for input. Header level assignment of WBS is fine for the process and let me work with our SD/ABAP and check on the user exit mentioned.

You can assign sold to party for project with an additional configuration; 1. define partner determination procedure in OPSPAR3 2. Assign the same in partner determination procedure in control tab of Profile or in respective project 3. Enter partner details in respective tab of PD/ WBS.

Reg/ Tony