cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do other companies handle diversified invoice workflow authority across multiple company-codes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My basic question is

• "Do anybody have experience with a simple setup in SAP that allows one employee number to have very low invoice approval authority in one entity (for example EUR 1,000) and very high invoice approval authority in one entity (for example EUR 1,000,000)"?

I am working in a 5000+ employee multinational company with more than 100 legal entities. Approx. 95 of these entities does not have any employees, but are operated by employees of the remaining 5 entities.

We currently have a customized SAP invoice workflow system that allocates approval (release) authority to employees via a single table that covers all entities on the SAP platform. The relevant employee is found via the "responsible person" field on the CO object, if this persons approval authority is not sufficient, the workflow setup will jump to the SAP HR hierarchy and continue up this hierarchy until it finds a person with sufficient approval authority.

This setup gives us some issues in relation to companies where we would like only very few or one person to be able to approve invoices in a given entity and therefore we are searching for some inspiration in other to modify our invoice workflow setup.

Any input is appreciated.

Br Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is possible.

You can use Rule with responsibilities option for agent determination of this workflow task.

In the responsibilities the amount and company code values can be provided.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick feedback Gautham,

The above is helpful, but could you maybe elaborate a bit. I am in a dialog with our accounting and IT team and they are not able/willing to suggest a solution themselves and I hope that I through this discussion can give them some hits towards a solution.

Thanks

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume you are not a SAP Workflow consultant.

You can ask your workflow consultant to follow the below points.

1) Use rule with responsibility option for agent determination of the workflow task which needs approval.

2) Maintain the company code and amout values for that responsibility in transaction OOCU_RESP.

3) Do the correct binding in the workflow.

For example standard workflow WS12300111 has a task TS12300104 which has rule 60100010 with responsibility used. Since it is standard, agents are not maintained which can bedone using OOCU_RESP transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you assume correctly that I am not a SAP Workflow Consultant. I am more a consultant supporting end users and management in getting the most out of SAP.

I will present your solution to our consultants and I trust that they will understand it completely. When I have had their response I will give you your "Correct Answer" points.

Again thanks a lot.

Answers (0)