SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVC issue in GM for foreign currency grant

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I am facing an issue. When i am posting a Grant budget in any foreign currency , budget is released but still i get GM AVC check error stating that budget has been exceeded by 400 USD or whatever the amount of commitment it is. However when i post the budget in company code currency it does not issue AVC error and budget check is performed correctly. Please guide where can the problem lie .

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

Have you configured currency conversion rules under GM Global Settings. Please note that AVC Ledger 9K is always maintained in Company Code currency.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Dear Shyam:

There is no such thing in GM Global settings. In GMGRANT when i enter a grant in foreign currency it picks the FOREX rate automatically , i do not know where i am wrong. We are on ECC 6.0.

Shyam can you please also tell me from where we can control field statuses of various fields in master data like sponsored class, sponsored program, Grant Master data & business partner master (sponsor) because like FM i do not see any field status settings in GM.

Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

Here is what I see in my system (EHP 5).

Please note you can only define the date for currency exchange the rate and rate type is taken from the company code currency configuration. You can however, perform revaluations. Please check if a rate has been maintained for the currency you are using to translate to Company Code Currency.

Further the following was introduced in EHP 3

• New Business Add-In (BAdI) GM_CURRENCY_CONVERSION, provided to allow additional flexibility to revalue GM postings based upon the sponsor#s currency.

Regarding customization of fields please use dynamic transaction GRANT_CUSTOMIZE (enter this in the dynamic menu. Then in the resulting area menu see folder Screen Layout.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi:

In the testing server i am having EHP4 , however as soon as realization starts we will be given server with EHP5 where i will be able to see the screen you have attached but unfortunately in my current system where i am testing FM & GM i do not have the currency exchange option . I think in EHP4 we will have to rely on BADI you mentioned .

Thanks