Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe reader closes automatically while table entry is added by add button

former_member224404
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am new in adobe form. I have developed an adobe interactive form using livecycle designer integrated with SAP. My form has a table and under that there is an add button. When the form is opened in adobe reader and  add button is clicked, I have written a JavaScript code which appends a new entry in the table above. Also I have a delete button field in the table. The field contains a button and when clicked the JavaScript deletes the row. Everything is fine upto here.

Now when I keep on clicking the add button, new entries are created and table grows.  Also while clicking delete button the table entry is removed. When I keep on add and delete operation 2-3 times, suddenly the adobe reader closes. I think there is an inconsistency happening. Have you ever faced similar issue where adobe reader is closing automatically.

Could you guys give me some advise on this. I can provide screenshots or the adobe document on request. Please help me urgently.

Thanks,

Mainak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sandeep_katoch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mainak,

Have you tried the same thing in SFP transaction  or it is an offline form altogether?

The problem here seems to be of Acrobat reader.

If it is an offline form still you can generate the same in sfp by just copy and paste of XML in sfp transaction and check there in pdf preview whether the behaviour is same or not.

Please come back with latest updates so that if problem persists we can check on other options.

Rgds,

Sandeep katoch

former_member224404
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I found the problem. The problem occurred because of a statement used in javascript.

xfa.form.remerge( ).

The statement no longer required in adobe reader 9. I removed the statement and the problem is resolved.

Thank you anyway for spending your time on this problem.

Thanks,

Mainak