cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding authentication details in SXMB_MONI of PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a scenario in which a users passes his Username password to some Java server. Now, these details are passed on to ECC for authentication via PI. Java Server -> PI -> ECC. We will be using web services for communication b/w Java server and PI.

Now, we are a little skeptical that when this information is passed on this might show up in SXMB_MONI of PI which ideally we don't want to do.

So, my question is there any way by which we can implement this scenario without authentication details being shown up in SXMB_MONI of PI.

I have read about SAML and principal propagation but not sure if they'll help me in hiding this information.

Also, I would really appreciate if you could help we with some other alternatives because I would really like to see all the alternatives before going ahead with the implementation.

Please reply soon 🙂

Thanks & Regards,

Rupendra Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about getting the value encrypted, just like has described in this Document:

It looks like a perfect solution for your requirement. And William's Document is really detailed, so you shouldn't have any problems to develop it.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grzegorz,

Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it but there is a restriction with this approach

"Adapter user-module is only available with java adapters.  Consequently, HTTP and IDoc adapters, and ABAP proxies cannot be used."

But Since my target system is ECC then we will be communicate with it using Idocs..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have zeroed on to implement this scenario using WS adapter.

But still I have one question in my mind. Will I be able to encrypt whole of the payload coming to PI??

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/ad2e0d08b4356be10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Please let me know if any one has implemented this type of scenario before. If yes, please share some artifacts that will be helpful to me.

Thanks,

Rupendra Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

any more suggestions..?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use the Payload Hiding Concept by restricting the ability of users to view the payload of you rmessage.

Check SAP Note: 1370334 for Payload Hiding in Java and 1645413 for Payload Hiding in ABAP.

Regards,

Bhavesh