cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of standard spm datasources for sap bi/bw.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to implement spm module in our system and would like to know the list of standard datasources, cubes, dso's etc for the same. I could not find them in the sdn. Please suggest is it a different system or its just we need to get SPM data in ecc to extract it to BI or we need to configure SPM data to BI as SPM is a separate source system ? Please update.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Which data sources we use is depending on the client requirement but mandatorily we use

PO

IVBSIK

IVBSAK

Contract

WBS element

Payment terms

Product

Supplier & Supplier Diversity etc..

Please check for further data sources (objects list) in ECC t-code Z_SA_DEPD.

Best Regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

Thanks for the update. Can these be replicated and configured like a normal ecc datasource or is there any separate config for them ? I mean like for ex I want to install these ds, so go to rsa5 activate and replicate them in BI...and build/install a respective cube is it ? Can u pls throw more light on it.

I appreciae it.

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

This is different process compared to normal DS extraction and replication. In RSA5 you'll see Business content DS however in case of SPM you need to generated the Read module and the DS as well. However the replication process is same like normal BW. The DS will be stored under Unassigned node in RSA6 once you generate from Z_SA_DEPD.

Best regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Amarnath. This info helps. But I have few more questions like after we generate the ds with z_sa_depd program. We replicate at BI and need to install the standard dso's like 0asa_ds04 etc. Is that all we need ? Where is the SPM data management tool coming into picture? Is it not a separate source system or its part of ECC ? I have gone through a doc which has the below points. Can u pls give me some idea about SPM data management tool.

The various factors to be considered with each option are:

1. Extraction mechanism of Flat file extraction Vs BW Data Sources

2. Data quality of source system data (whether source system data is already enriched or not)

3. Frequency of data enrichment Vs Frequency of raw data load.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

The data management plugin available in BW. You have to trigger the data load from SPM UI then it get's loaded from ECC (for ex in ECC source system) then loaded to inbound DSOs and once you release the data to reporting it get's loaded from inbound layer to further  detail and reporting layer info providers. Hence the data management happens in BW itself.

Usually data enrichment happens monthly (depending on customer requirement again) and raw data loads happens daily/weekly etc...

The enrichment takes place from different tool. Can be used SAP' DEC tool or Cloud etc to enrich. Once you enrich the data it'll get stored in FTP import folder then when you ue the send/receive classification option in SPM UI the enriched data will gets loaded into inbound layer DSOs and inturn to Detail and reporting layer in the similar way (when you release the data for reporting).

Thank you

Best regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath / Arun,

Could you please tell me how to find the standard datasources and their underlying tables for SPM, RAR and CUP.

As Arun said, even M not able to find the standard datasources for these modules in sdn threads.

Currently I dont have separate SAP GRC system.

Can we see those standard datasources and tables  in our R/3 System ?

If so , then please tell me how and where can I find this.

Waiting for your guidance.

Thanks & Regards,

Shruti Yendigeri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shruti,

Check note 1239883 - Extractor Starter Kit for Spend Performance Management(SPM)

This has the extractors that you import as a transport and a whole load of associated documentation

See also note 1891572 - SPM Data Model and Tables

Thanks

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your answer.

I have got few confusions.

Are the SPM ( Superuser Privilege Management ) which is there in SAP GRC and SAP SPM ( Spend Performance Management ) are same ?.

I wanted the information on SPM which is there in SAP GRC.

Need your furthur guidance and help..

Thanks & Regards,

Shruti Yendigeri

former_member257798
Active Participant
0 Kudos

EPM-SA = Spend Performance Management

This is not related in any way to GRC products.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for clearing my doubt.

It would be more helpful If you could help me with finding the solution for the question which I asked before about SAP GRC AC previously in this thread.

Regards,

Shruti Yendigeri

former_member257798
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,
You said, “It would be more helpful If you could help me with finding the solution for the question which I asked before about SAP GRC AC previously in this thread “
I went back and pulled your questions out so that I can answer them explicitly below.

Shruti Yendigeri  May 15, 2015 12:37 PM Could you please tell me how to find the standard datasources and their underlying tables for SPM, RAR and CUP.
SPM - Answered by Neil
RAR - I am not able to help you.
CUP - I am not able to help you.

Shruti Yendigeri  May 15, 2015 12:37 Can we see those standard datasources and tables in our R/3 System ?
The answer is in the reading that Neil Suggested.

Shruti Yendigeri  May 18, 2015 6:17 AM Are the SPM ( Superuser Privilege Management ) which is there in SAP GRC and SAP SPM ( Spend Performance Management ) are same ?
Answered- John Harris  May 18, 2015 6:37 PM

I helped you the best I could, with no duplication of information. You are posting in a forum were SPM means Spend Performance Management. While we understand that the acronym is common in the software business, we do not discuss using the other TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms ) for SPM here. You might find experts in the other TLAs for SPM, RAR and CUP in other forums or possibly google. For example http://scn.sap.com/community/grc is a good place to go for your flavor of SPM.

Kind Regards,
John Harris
Senior Support Engineer, SAP Active Global Support,
SAP America, Inc., 1001 Summit Blvd, #2100, Atlanta, GA 30319, USA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for taking the effort to find the solution.

Yes , initially I thought that SAP GRC SPM and Spend Performance Management are same.

So ended up asking the question in the wrong forum i.e in this thread.

Here I got the doubt clarified from you

Now , I have raised a question in correct forum and waiting for the experts guidance there.

Thanks & Regards,

Shruti Yendigeri

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shruti,

I jump in as my space (GRC) has been tagged by John. Just for your information about RAR, SPM, CUP, etc. from GRC solution. This are terms used by GRC version 5.3 and all have been updated with new releases (10.0/10.1).

RAR = Risk Analysis and Remediation -> new naming in 10.0/10.1 is ARA = Access Risk Analysis

SPM = Super User Privileged Management -> new naming in 10.0/10.1 is EAM = Emergency Access Management

CUP = Centralized User Provisioning -> new naming in 10.0/10.1 is ARM = Access Request Management

ERM = Enterprise Role Management -> new naming in 10.0/10.1 is BRM = Business Role Management

All four modules are dedicated to SAP GRC (SAP Access Control) only and have no interaction with Spend Performance Management.

Hope this helps. Further questions in regard of GRC please visit our space: http://scn.sap.com/community/grc

Thanks and regards,

Alessandro