cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate CESS & ECess on BED

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a particular dealer invoice issue, i want to calculate Cess & Ecess on Basic Excise Duty. We are currently using TAXINJ. I tried by changing From Reference Step for JEC1 & JEC3 in TAXINJ & got the solution currently. But i don't think its the correct way to do it. As TAXINJ is a standard procedure & therefore making changes in it will disturb the process for other invoices.

Looking forward for the solution of the same

Regards

Anupam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check the below calculation , its standard .

S.NoComponentPercentageValueAmountCalculationCondition type
ABasic Price 100.00 PBXX
BDiscount @5% 5.00 R000
CNet Price after discount 95.00C=A-B
DPacking & Forwarding @2% 1.90DYK01
ESubtotal 1 96.90E=C+D
FExcise duty (On E) @8% 7.75FJMO1
GEcess on Excise duty (On F) @2% 0.16GJEC1
HSEcess on Excise duty (On F) @1% 0.08HJA1S
ITotal Excise duty 7.98I=F+G+H
JSubtotal 2 104.88J=E+I
K*CST (On J)* @1% 1.05KJEXS/ZTA1
LSubtotal 3 105.93L=J+K
MOctroi @4% 4.24MJOCM
NSubtotal 4 110.17N=L+M

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please share a screenshot of the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the condition calculations are not as expected, and if the issue is with steps in pricing, we need to change it. You did nothing wrong. Just need to ensure that whenever we do any change in prising, it is advisable to test all the scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So it means issue is resolved now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but just want to know whether is there any other way to do that or whatever i did is correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a wild guess , just check in J1ID setting related to "Exceptional material excise rate" under "excise rates" if the material and vendor combination some condition was maintained.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is different way to handle dealers invoice. No need to disturb TAXINJ. I have replied to you in other thread on handling dealers invoice situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

I have done all the settings as you said, but in the last  i found that Cess & Ecess was getting calculated on total excise duties, therefore i need to done that minute changes in TAXINJ. So that they should be calculated only on BED.

former_member213924
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

In dealer scenario what vendor do is he just pass on his excise duty on us which we need to capture in our system. Tick MRP indicator given on Miscellaneous tab and enter values on excise item tab.

Regards,

Samir Rana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the some document on scn where already answered many time and u should copy the standard tax procedure don't make changes

in standard Tax procedure.

Always Cess & Ecess calculates on BED its standard Indian Commercial laws. So check your requirement again.

Thanks

Sanjeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjeet for your reply.

I fully agree with you that CESS & Ecess should be calculated on BED, but in my client system it was not calculated like that, so i made the changes accordingly. So i just want to know whether its the right way to do that or do i have to design any account Key for the same ?