cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Tolerance Limits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am studying the concept of Budget tolerance limits and want to know whether I can use the same concept to omit the Budget check when raising PRs. Can it be done if I define Tolerance limits for every transaction group except "00" - Purchase Requisitions?

However, I want to triger the Budget check when converting PRs to POs. I hope the above configuration won't disturb this requirement.

Further, I want to know the the concept of revoking the Budget check through Tolerance limits for FI postings. Will there be any concerns on month end activities?

Regards,

MS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

You should have posted this on Project system forum, nevertheless,

As you have already mentioned you can omit the tx group "00" that would deactivate budget check while creating PR.

For maintaining the check when PR is converted to PO ( or PO creation ) you will have to retain the setting for tx group "01". That would work.

Second part regarding FI postings, though am not so sure abt this you may take help of some FI/CO consultant.

Check out if you have New GL functionality is activated. If yes, during the month end activities (periodic settlement) even FI docs are posted. Hence the budget check will play its part once you have activiated it using tolerence limits.

Rgds

Saurabh