Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION. ERROR max no of 100 conversations exceeded

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We recently got complaints from team connecting to our solman system using TOMCAT. They were getting error in connecting to gateway with message "max number of 100 conversations exceeded". I changed the parameter rdisp/max_gateways to 250 from 100. But they are still getting below error:

Requester test is failing – reason

JCO connection error! com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connect_PM  GWHOST=usushdaps651.nbcuni.ge.com, GWSERV=sapgw00, ASHOST=usushdaps651.nbcuni.ge.com, SYSNR=00

LOCATION    CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host

ERROR       max no of 100 conversations exceeded

Could you please advise what could cause this error. Is there any other parameter I need to look at.

Thanks

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Just to add that I restarted the system as well after changing the parameter. And new parameter is active.

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The application is connecting to solman system using portal. Could it be some other parameter like CPIC_MAX_CONV etc.  Please advise

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

In Solman goto tcode SMGW --> Goto --> Parameters. Check if gw/max has a limit of 100.

Also you need to increase CPIC_MAX_CONV as you have said. You need to set this in your environment profile for SIDADM at OS level. You should have these profiles in your home directory for SIDADM.

Thanks,

Samik

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samik,

Under SMGW --> Goto --> Parameters. There is no parameter named gw/max.

gw/max_conn = 1000

gw/max_wp = 0
gw/max_sys = 2000
rdisp/max_gateways = 250

--> And I could not find parameter CPIC_MAX_CONV under .sapenv.sh or .j2eeenv.sh.
Could you please advise where I can find that in my solman system.

One more thing to be added: The sessions in SMGW are with user 'webuser' which is tomcat user and does not even exist in solman system.

Please help

Regards

Varun

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please advise how can we set parameter CPIC_MAX_CONV here. No .sapenv_host.csh file present under home. Checked hidden files as well. .sapenv_host.sh does not have this parameter.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

The Default value of parameter CPIC_MAX_CONV is 100 (if not changed explicitly).

It is not visible in the profile, you need to insert the parameter in your .sapenv_host.sh using command as per the shell and restart the system.

Set it to 2000 (same as gw/max_conn, this is the paramter I tried to refer previously)

THanks,

Samik

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Please see SAP Note 316877 for this issue.

Regards,.

Dao

Answers (0)