cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Stock Reservation Removal after 2 days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirment wherein i want to remove the sales order stock reservation after 2 days of the sales order creation.

This is becasue the sales executives are just booking the orders and the stock is not available for other sales employees.

Kindly Advise how cani achieve this

Regards

Mohammed Raees

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the sales orders are confirmed with quantities, then this can't allocated to other sales order depending on the settings made in t.code OVZ9. In OVZ9, Uncheck the box Include sales requirements. By this way, other sales orders can pick the quantities.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva Ram,

Thanks for your reply,

We need to include the sales order requirements hence i cannot remove the sales order requirments from the avialabilty check.

But the issue is that the sales employees are booking the orders in advance.

what we need is to keep the reservation of the order quantities for a specific time and then cancel or remove the reservation if the order is not delivered within that duration.

Regards

Mohammed Raees

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think any standard settings or transaction code can help with this. You may need to develop a Z-program and make it run in background to release the order quantity if it is waiting more than the specified days. I remember in one of my past projects, similar thing was done and we applied reason for rejection at line item level if the sales order is not processed after certain period of time.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Shiva rightly mentioned that you can, by developing custom program, reject orders and put reason for the same after 2 days from order creation date if the order is not processed further. This way you will also have these orders for future reference as to how many orders are rejected because sales person did not confirm.

Also, you can check rescheduling where you can change the preference of already confirmed order to non confirmed order by way of priority.

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar Wagh

Answers (0)