cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to contact a blog owner if they are not following you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, there is some great content under this blog post, but it has clearly struggled with the migration to new SCN!

http://scn.sap.com/people/rajendra.badi/blog/2011/08/24/configuring-wsse-digital-signing-and-encrypt...

I'm not certain if the author is active anymore. I would leave a comment, but that is either disabled or broken on this post. It says 5 comments are made, but I cannot click to read them or to leave my own. I cannot contact the blog owner directly because he is not following me.

Is there any hope to get the screen shots this and HTML formatting fixed for this topic? It is good /relevant content judging by the number of hits. If this were moved to Wiki the community could help clean it up.

Regards,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

I apologize for the late reply, I was on vacation. Good news, the blog is restored now. I understand that you would like to contact the author, is it still relevant?

@Oliver, thank you for directing Aaron to the correct place for restoring blogs.

Cheers,

Oxana

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need to contact the author, once you fixed the content the comments section started working again also.

Thanks so much Oxana, awesome job!

-Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oxana,

I am also trying to comment or contact the author of this post (see link below) but I can't seem to see the reply button/link to post my questions to the author of the post.  I can't contact him directly since he is not following me.

http://scn.sap.com/blogs/GST_Malaysia/2014/11/11/results-after-the-first-workshops#comments

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you don't see this?:

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I don't see that I can add a comment as you indicated.  Below are screens of what I see on the post that I want to add a comment vs this post where I am able to reply and communicate with you.

This is what I see after "4 Comments":

There is no Reply that I can click on either:

There is Reply (circled) on this post that I am communicating with you that I can click on to reply and add my comment.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Reply" is specific to a question.

on a blog or document can can leave comments.

Comments are anyway not meant to ask questions. Questions shall be posted in the forum.

Comments are meant to give feedback on the blog, you can even ask for some clarification.

But it is a comment section, the comment is meant to be for the owner of the blog, hence a "reply" to an other comment is in general not foreseen.

That you do not see the "comment" link is based on the fact that it is a personal blog post. And you can only add a comment to a personal blog post if you have made some beginner missions in SCN.

If you want the attention of the blog owner, then ask a question in the forum and insert a @mention

with his user id cgilberg. Means you type this @ directly followed by cgilberg

He will then see a notification like you do now because of this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool trick with @mention! in my original case I could not add comment or reply because some markup in the blog entry was cutting off the bottom part of the page.

-Aaron

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

please add them to the page. is looking at this and will support the author with fixing the content. She may also be able to help you getting into contact with the author directly by looking up his mail address.

Best,

Oliver