cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can´t i apply support packages in my system??

luisfel28
Participant
0 Kudos

I´m trying make the upgrade (702 to 731) for my sap_basis component in new system, but i found some problems. The package is show me with UPLOADED, but i can't put in queue.

Someone has gone through this situation??

Here are some screens about my problem.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Felipe,

As per my experience its EHP upgrade. We can uupgradde SAP_BASIS from 702 to 731 directly.

You need to generate stack and apply it using SUM tool.

Regards,

Surojit

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not EHP upgrade. It is release upgrade which can be done using SUM !!

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Felipe,

First check the equivalent release in 731 for SAP_BASIS 702 SP09. If system is already at higher release in equivalent 731, then we can not downgrade it.

Can you please tell me till which SP level you want to upgrade in 731, So that i can check from my end in SAP Marketplace.

Can you please put screen-sort of exact error while defining queue for SAP_BASIS 731.

Regards,

Surojit

luisfel28
Participant
0 Kudos

Surojit, thanks for response!

The actual release for sap_basis in my system is 702 (follow screen). Don´t show error for me, but i can´t put insert package 731 in queue. When i click in support package >> load packages >> from application server, i see the SAPKB73101, but with status "OCS file already exists in inbox. Upload not required."

Do you have any idea about this problem?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Felipe,

Generally for preparation of support pack we need to copy downloaded packages in EPS/in insied trans directory. Here in your case i guess both DEV system and this system shares same trans directory. because you mentioned that you applied 731 SAP_BASIS to you DEV system.

This may be reason for "OCS file already exists in inbox. Upload not required."

Have you tried to define queue from DISPLAY/DEFINE button or from NEW SUPPORT PACKAGE.??

But i dont think that you can directly go for 731 from 702. Its release upgrade.

Regards,

Surojit

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am not sure what the issue could be.

Did you create the target queue using solution manager maintenance optimizer?

Would recommend doing so, this will automatically take care of any missing pre-requisite packages you might be missing.

Also, are you only update the basis package level? You usually need to update several core components that have inte-dependencies.

Best appraoch would be to update to a support package stack, instead of just a single support package. Again, use solman maintenance optimizer to calculate the target stack.

Then you should not have any issues importing the packages.

Hope this is of some help.

regards,

Paul

luisfel28
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul, thanks for response!

So, i didn´t used solman. But i will try!

I made the same procedure with SPAM in DEV system and worked very well. I thought it would work now too.

Regards,

Felipe