cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change sap gui cache path ?

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we have problems with the sap gui cache path. now I was looking for a way to change it but I couldn't find it how it can be done.

in topic http://scn.sap.com/thread/2075120

and sapnote 1442303 it seems that it is not possible ?

at the current moment we experience problems since it seems that adobe reader X uses the same path.

when we look at a pdf file in sap the connection with the cache is gone.

not very handy since the cache is a very nice feature which holds all the old data.

when sap gui is shut down and restarted the path is restored and cache is working again.

anybody got a clue how to change the cache path or what might be the problem with the disappearing cache connection ?

kind regards

Arthur de Smidt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr de Smidt.

Unfortunately it's not possible to change the cache-path in 7.20 and higher releases.

The path was changed in order to make 7.20 and higher more compliant with

Windows applications.

Regards,

Jude

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it was also working fine here but with all the upgrades of connected applications we are now clueless and not in control anymore about the cache and the connection of sap with the cache. are there perhaps more cases where the connection with the cache is broken when connecting to other applications and a procedure how to solve it ?

kind regards

arthur

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Arthur,

I've not seen any other messages,but you could try

the registry setting below:

HKCU\Software\SAP\ClientCache\LocalData\LastValue

REG_SZ (path to cache file)

Note that this change (if it worked, would not be supported by S.A.P)

Regards,

Jude

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, I also found this key. but the problem is solved a different way. I downloaded the latest sap gui 7.30 because if we were going to repackage everything over we might as well use a newer sap gui. with this gui however the problem was solved already and no need to change the path for the cache.

Answers (0)