cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDS Configuration with IDM getting Null Exception Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Configuration Experts,

Basically we are using SAP Netweaver Identity Management 7.2 integrated with Virtual Directory Server.

While configuring Database SQL Server 2008 and fetching records, during Current operation Log checking

we cannot able to get status while instead throwing Null exception error

Please artifact the exception null error and let me know the privilege to be configured in VDS as server once started after running couple of times later server getting stopped.

Expected operation log:  Green colour with the result code status should be 0, which means success.

Please suggest your valueable ideas suggesting to overcome this error.

Thanks & Regards,

Roopesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Roopesh,

I'm afraid we'll need some more information before we can help you. 

What are you using VDS for?

Can you post some log information?

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Please see the attached screenshot regarding VDS current operation Log files

VDS , we are using to integrate external repositories like Active directory, IDM database, SQL Server 2008 database and directing request into GRC 10 frontend.

Screenshot enclosed shows active directory records in the attachment.

Kindly suggest how to avoid getting null exception error and get the database field record values.

Regards,

Roopesh

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, so it looks like the VDS Server is not starting at all.  Check your connection strings, make sure the port is available and that the data source is up.  Based on the MaxData reference, I assume you're trying one of the tutorials?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Please find the VDS connection settings error log file in VDS Verifier Jar log file attached. would appreciate for your suggestion on this connectivity status.

Regards,

Roopesh