cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing tasks idm 7.2 permission denied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We just installed IDM 7.2, and we can't import tasks. Whenever import tasks we are getting this error message:

MSSQL 2008 R2 Enterprise; dynamic ports and AS JAVA 7.01

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The function CreateMCImportBatFile is called from the MMC.

Basically MMC loads the template file Import_Template.bat and do some constants replacements

before overwrites Import_Start.bat.

Would think that for some reason you have a filelock on Import_Start.bat.

Suggest restarting the MMC.

If this does not help try to use some file unlocker tool, aka

http://www.emptyloop.com/unlocker/

This will let you know if any/which process have the lock on the file.

Ivar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivar

thanks for the suggestion. We did that, close MMC and restart and try again but no luck, we were getting the same error.

We've found a work around though:

In the Import_Template.bat, there is a code which says: SETJDBC=$SETJDBCURL$, we replace the value of SETJDBCURL with the value from the URL JDBC string instead of an encrypted one, then after that, import works.

Not sure really what was causing the problem. The log error doesn't say much

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This could mean that you either have

1. A badly formed JDBCURL in IDM, have you checked in the Identity Store properties.

2. A problem with your keys.ini, however if other encrypted values are properly handled, this is not the case.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Deactivate UserAccountControl on Windows and try again or

2. Start MMC as Admin (Right-Click -> run as administrator)

3. Check your folder/file permission in the specified path

Maybe it helps

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried running the MMC as Admin (Right-Click -> run as administrator), but the error still exist. The weird thing is if I select the Display_Tasks.mcc I got this error first:

And if I select another tasks to import will get the error message described on my first image.

Will try the 1 and 2 suggestions. Hopefully it will be allowed to disable it

Tin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael I have checked the UAC is already deactivated

Any idea what is causing this error message? Thanks for your answer in advance

Tin

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tin Re,

Couple of things here:

1. Check that your IDM users (RT, ADMIN, OPER, PROV) all have proper rights.  Easiest way to check this is to make sure that you can log into the web ui and run your dispatchers.

2. Is your setup in NetWeaver Administrator correct, check Java versions, Java Driver, PROV user password, JDBC connection string, etc)

3. Is Keys.ini populated and correct?

Just a few things that jump right out at me.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Matt:

1. Just a question, if they don't have the same proper rights would this be the cause of the problem?

I'm afraid that DB Admin might give only the same rights to 2 IDM Users i.e. idm_admin & idm_rt, but will verify this one. Thanks

The dispatcher is running no problem, but starting the web UI not sure as the client accessing all the applications on a portal

2. JDBC connection string is correct - when the connection to the database was tested it came up as test connection succeeded

Java versions is 6 which is ok

Java Driver - I reckon you are referring to the configuration in the Tools -> Options -> Java right?

Prov user password - this was done by the DB Admin and no way that we can see

Netweaver Administrator - are you referring to where you can add the idm_authenticated role? if yes, yes it is set-up but this was access via a portal

3. Can we check from the logs somewhere in the IDM if keys.ini is not populated?  - this bit was done by an outsource

Thanks for the reply

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Just a question, if they don't have the same proper rights would this be the cause of the problem?

I'm afraid that DB Admin might give only the same rights to 2 IDM Users i.e. idm_admin & idm_rt, but will verify this one. Thanks

The dispatcher is running no problem, but starting the web UI not sure as the client accessing all the applications on a portal

Well it certainly could be an issue.  Regardless of where you have IDM, can you get to it from the Web either stand alone or the portal?  This will settle most of the rights issue.

2. JDBC connection string is correct - when the connection to the database was tested it came up as test connection succeeded

Java versions is 6 which is ok

That's good!

Java Driver - I reckon you are referring to the configuration in the Tools -> Options -> Java right?

Prov user password - this was done by the DB Admin and no way that we can see

Netweaver Administrator - are you referring to where you can add the idm_authenticated role? if yes, yes it is set-up but this was access via a portal

Yes, although this should be checked in NW Admin as well.  There is some significant setup to be done in the NetWeaver Administrator and if this setup is not done correctly you will have some issues. I believe this document will be helpful: Identity Center - Installing the Identity Management User Interface

3. Can we check from the logs somewhere in the IDM if keys.ini is not populated?  - this bit was done by an outsource

Again this needs to be checked in the NW Admin.  You'll need to work with BASIS to confirm this is correct.