cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saveAsCSV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using MII 12.0. I am using iGrid object. User can right click on grid object  or click a button which generate the csv file. One of the fields in the grid is to display user comments.

Last month, I generate a csv report. But this month for the same input, when I tried, I got an error "Problem Generating Page". But I can able to generate HTML report while right clicking the grid. The number of rows in the HTML page is around 1500 in this month, but last month it was around 900. But for some other old data I am generating CSV file.

I am suspecting some special characters in the user comments which prevents CSV file generation.  If any special characters or size of the row count which prevent the generation of CSV or any one encounter similar kind of issues, please let me know.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could try exporting the data to normal html output, or xml output (hold down the control key when selecting data details), and perhaps determine what's causing the error if it is data related.

The NW logs might also shed some light on the error message.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

I would first look for commas in the user comments, then <> or ;..  Once you find the specific characters, you can do a character substitution (blank or space substituting for the specific character) or error message to the user posting the comments to prevent their use.

Regards, Mike