Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order types and network types

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any difference between Network Types and Order Types for Networks? What I am referring to is the Network types PS01,PS02,PS03 and PS04. Are these same as order types?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

You may close the thread if you issue is answered now.

Regards

Ankur

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

How to close this thread in new SDN? Shall I click on stop tracking?

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Kindly follow the below given link:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1802884

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to answer your own thread. There choose answered radio button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before order types, there is one more classification called as order category. For networks, the order category is 20. with this category, you can create multiple order types to have different behavior in different enviornment.

Regards,

Mahendra

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Network Types are a kind of Order types. In SAP there are several kind of order categories for ex. Production order, Maintenance Order, Internal Order, Network Order etc.

Network Order is also a kind of Order category based on its type of Header Assigned and Activity account assigned etc.

All the above said orders represent a specific business transaction i.e. CO01/CO11N,IW31, KO01, OPSC respectively and the characteristics of these orders are determined by their order categories. Therefore, all these order types are relevant for specific applications.

The Order Type also describes how the order is controlled as they have their own status management, field controls etc.

I just gave a generalized idea on Network Types and Order Types. You will find a lot on it in PLM 230.

Hope it clears your doubt.

Regards

Ankur